How to create Pay Order in respect of any Supplier

This forum is to discuss different features/issues of Oracle Financials modules ( GL - General Ledger, AP - Accounts Payable, AR - Accounts Receivable, FA - Fixed Assets & CM - Cash Management ).
yasiramin599

How to create Pay Order in respect of any Supplier

Post by yasiramin599 »

Dear All,

I want to create Pay Order in respect of any supplier in Oracle Payable, R12. Plz help me if available fuctionality of Pay Order (which is Non-Negotiable Instrment) in Oracle.

Regards
tgs100

Post by tgs100 »

I don't think there is stright fit available in AP. You may try the following

1. Create a new payment method for this purpose and enable Bills payable.
2. Create an invoice with the new payment method
3. Make payment for the invoice. Enter the maturity date of the instrument.

Cheers,
Saravanan TG
yasiramin599

Post by yasiramin599 »

Dear Saravanan TG,

Thanks for valuable solution and I performed your solution but at the time of Payment through New Payment Method, Create Accounting is not done by system and give online accounting error which is attached below.

Other queries are in my mind, kindly clear it then i am thanksful to you.

1) The payment which is made through Cheque and for this we use Payment Voucher, similarly in the Case of Pay Order, Can I build new report for Pay Order with different format.

2) If Pay Order not mature on Maturity date then we void the Payment (New Payment Method).

Further if you have additional information abt Pay Order functionalty through New Payment Method, Kindly share with me.

Regards
Yasir Amin
tgs100

Post by tgs100 »

Regarding Accounting issue,

1. Did you account the invoice transaction?
If not, first account the invoice and then the payment. If accounting is done for invoice successfully and if you are getting error only in payment, then run 'Create accounting' concurrent program. The output file will give you better error message. You may also check the table xla_accounting_errors after running the concurrent program
The payment which is made through Cheque and for this we use Payment Voucher, similarly in the Case of Pay Order, Can I build new report for Pay Order with different format.
<b>Yes. You can develop a different customized format and attach it with a Payment process profile.</b>
If Pay Order not mature on Maturity date then we void the Payment (New Payment Method).
<b>Yes. You can void the payment, change the payment method in invoice and create a new payment.</b>

Cheers,
Saravanan
yasiramin599

Post by yasiramin599 »

Hi

Payment was successfully made, now problem just in Payment's Create Accounting, but I will check through concurrent request "Craete Accounting"

Regadrs