how To link Sup and customer

This forum is to discuss different features/issues of Oracle Financials modules ( GL - General Ledger, AP - Accounts Payable, AR - Accounts Receivable, FA - Fixed Assets & CM - Cash Management ).
dileepkumar

how To link Sup and customer

Post by dileepkumar »

Hi All,

plese let me know how can we link up the Custmer And supplier

is there any way ..........for this

some our customer be acting also the suppliers.
tgs100

Post by tgs100 »

What is the purpose of linking customer and supplier?

If you want to use netting functionality in R12, you can enter the supplier names and customer names while defining netting agreement.

Cheers,
Saravanan TG
dileepkumar

Post by dileepkumar »

in R12 version.....

we have some suppliers there are the acting as the buyers raised POs once goods received the can sell it same to their global customers......

purely the trade Business.....
tgs100

Post by tgs100 »

My question was "What is the purpose of linking"?

Is it just for reporting purpose? or you want to use netting functionality?
or you want to know which parties belong to supplier and customer category? or some other purpose?

Cheers,
Saravanan
dileepkumar

Post by dileepkumar »

Thanks for your inputs.

The relation for customer and supplier for reporting purpose..there is no agreements between them. only one person as acting buying and selling the products..
tgs100

Post by tgs100 »

If it is for reporting, you can use any one field, even DFF. If you are working in R11, then you can use taxpayer id field (Enter same tax payer id in supplier and customer) and then run netting report. I am not sure whether this netting report is still available in R12. Otherwise, you need to customize the report.

Cheers,
Saravanan
dileepkumar

Post by dileepkumar »

Hi Thanks for U r reply.

let me clear this while enetring Std invoice in the 2nd field we have the option CustomerTax Prayer id.It may be help full to link the cust and supplier.

how can we show them in the repoting purpose.
tgs100

Post by tgs100 »

No need to enter the tax payer id in the transactions. Enter the value in the customer and supplier master to identify that the party is one and the same.

As I said earlier, you can run 'Netting Report' in R11 which will give you the AP and AR open invoice details and the balance amount to be paid or received from the party.

Please go through the netting functionality in R11/R12 so that you will understand better.

Cheers,
Saravanan TG