Liability Account?

This forum is to discuss different features/issues of Oracle Financials modules ( GL - General Ledger, AP - Accounts Payable, AR - Accounts Receivable, FA - Fixed Assets & CM - Cash Management ).
stalinvstalin@gmail.com

Liability Account?

Post by stalinvstalin@gmail.com »

HAI ALL,

IS IT POSSIBLE TO MAINTAIN TWO SEPERATE LIBALITY ACCOUNTS FOR TWO DIFFERENT SUPPLIERS EX:SUPPLIER,GOVT. IF POSSIBLE HOW?
tgs100

Post by tgs100 »

Possible.

You can even have different liability accounts for different supplier sites for the same supplier. One level above, you can have different liability account for each invoice (you need to modify the defaulted liability account manually in invoice).

Go to supplier master and at the site level, modify the liability account which will get defaulted in the invoice.

Cheers,
Saravanan TG
stalinvstalin@gmail.com

Post by stalinvstalin@gmail.com »

HAI SARAVANAN,

THANKS FOR U R ANSWER.I HAVE ONE MORE QUESTION

WHERE TO RUN APTRAIL BALANE REPORT.IN PAYABLES SRS WINDOW THIS REPORT IS NOT AVILABLE PLZ GUIDE ME. WHAT WE HAVE TO DO AFTER RUNNING PAYABLES TRNASFER TO GL KINDLY TELL ME THE PROCESS.

STALIN.
ush

Post by ush »

If Its R12- try searching for "open account balance" instead of APTB.
If its 11i, then, verify the request set assigned to your responsibility. APTB might have been excluded from the request set. review user guide to modify request set.
and now regarding your second question, after running Payables transfer to GL, run Journal Import program in GL to import accounting entries and post that batch/journal.

ps: if you run Payables transfer to gl in final mode, the accounting entries will be directly imported into GL.

Experts, Please correct me if am wrong!
Regards
Harsha

[quote]HAI SARAVANAN,

THANKS FOR U R ANSWER.I HAVE ONE MORE QUESTION

WHERE TO RUN APTRAIL BALANE REPORT.IN PAYABLES SRS WINDOW THIS REPORT IS NOT AVILABLE PLZ GUIDE ME. WHAT WE HAVE TO DO AFTER RUNNING PAYABLES TRNASFER TO GL KINDLY TELL ME THE PROCESS.

STALIN.

<i><div align="right">Originally posted by stalinvstalin]]@[[gmail.com
tgs100

Post by tgs100 »

<b>WHERE TO RUN APTRAIL BALANE REPORT.IN PAYABLES SRS WINDOW THIS REPORT IS NOT AVILABLE PLZ GUIDE ME. WHAT WE HAVE TO DO AFTER RUNNING PAYABLES TRNASFER TO GL KINDLY TELL ME THE PROCESS. </b>
Stalin: I would first suggest you not to mixup the topics in the same thread. Also please specify the apps version.

1. If you are using R11, the report must be available in Payable responsibility. If not available, add the report in the corresponding request group. If you are in R12, use the report 'Open Account AP Balance Listing' report. if this report is not available in the payable responsibility, add it in the request group and then use it.

2. For you second question, it depends on the apps version you are using. In R12, the accounting entries are transfered to GL when you run 'Transfer to GL' program (ofcourse, it depends on a profile option) and Journal Import is not needed (Unless you change the profile option). In R11, When you transfer to GL, if you have selected 'Import' parameter as 'Yes', then the import concurrent program will be spawned and the accouting entries will be transfered to GL. Otherwise, you should also perform journal imports. Then You should review and post the journals.

Cheers,
Saravanan TG