Debit memo Matching

This forum is to discuss different features/issues of Oracle Financials modules ( GL - General Ledger, AP - Accounts Payable, AR - Accounts Receivable, FA - Fixed Assets & CM - Cash Management ).
dileepkumar

Debit memo Matching

Post by dileepkumar »

Hi All,

I have the Doubt on this Scenario......

Ihave the Standard Invoice 100$ And Matched With Debit Memo 50$.

Coming to the Payment's how much i have pay for stand Invoice and Debit memo...

I know debit memo only reduce the supplier balane not the invoice amout. At this time how can i pay for Debit memo invoice for the status of invoice is paid other wise system will not allowing us to close the periods
tgs100

Post by tgs100 »

<b>At this time how can i pay for Debit memo invoice for the status of invoice is paid other wise system will not allowing us to close the periods</b>
If you have already paid standard invoice, then create a refund transaction for the debit memo. If you have not paid the standard invoice, the you may select both standard invoice and debit memo and pay the net amount.

Cheers,
Saravanan TG
surendra

Post by surendra »

hi dileepkumar
As per your scenario, you have the standard invoice and the debit memo also. That means the standard invoice has been reduced by the debit memo invoice amount when you match debit memo with the standard invoice. in your case you have to now pay 50$ only. you can find out this by how much amount you owed to supplier in the invoice inquiry window.
AmanKhan

Post by AmanKhan »

HI,

Why i can't match debit memo with standard invoice, when i select invoice as match option then match option grayed out and disabled ?
can anyone explain issue and provide steps for matching ?

Thanks,
tgs100

Post by tgs100 »

Standard Invoice amount will NOT be reduced when debit memo is matched against the invoice. The invoice distribution account will be copied to the debit memo.

Amankhan: The issue of 'Match Option greyed out' is due to a bug. You may go through the metalink id 870592.1

Cheers,
Saravanan TG