sequential numbering

This forum is to discuss different features/issues of Oracle Financials modules ( GL - General Ledger, AP - Accounts Payable, AR - Accounts Receivable, FA - Fixed Assets & CM - Cash Management ).
harikumarc1981@rediffmail

sequential numbering

Post by harikumarc1981@rediffmail »

hi, is it possible to define sequential numbering for different operating units separately in ap 11i
tgs100

Post by tgs100 »

I could not understand the question. Is the problem related to definition or defaulting the sequence automatically? You can define the sequences for different OUs as given below.

1. First define different categories for different operating units. For example OU1_STD_INV, OU2_STD_INV, OU3_STD_INV, etc (Use System Admin Resp)
2. Create sequences for each category.
3. Attach sequences with category
4. When you enter the invoices, select proper document category name.

Cheers,
Saravanan

hi, saravanan thanks . yes how can i define default seq no to diff ou separately
hiszaki

Post by hiszaki »

Hi harikumarc

When you define the sequence, assign each sequence to OU.

Thanks
Hisham

hi, thanks ,

in GL 11 i we have document seq numbering. using this we can generate numbering to the transaction like journals etc. so now i want to define doc seq numbers in payables 11 i . can u send the step by step process with snap shots if possible.

thanks
nrao1981

Post by nrao1981 »

hi, i also have some doubts regading document sequential numbering.

1. in AP 11i i have 3 differnet invoice lines . if i want to define document seq numbers , how it will be? can any one tell me with navigations

2. how to define document seeq no in AR 11i

thanks
hiszaki

Post by hiszaki »

Hi nrao

The setup of document sequence in AP like in AR like in GL the same steps. You define the sequence number and then assign the sequence number to module & category.

For the first question, I think we define the sequence number on invoice header not in invoice lines.

Thanks
Hisham

hi, tgs 100. I defined all the set ups. but it is not generating the invoice no automatically. In GL 11i once we save the journal it will generate the document seq no. but in AP 11i if i left the invoice number, the system automatically taking date as a invoice no. in payable option invoice window i dis abled the take invoice date as invoice no . but it is not working.
tgs100

Post by tgs100 »

1. Invoice number can not be automated (the only way is to default the date). When you enter the invoice (based on the supplier invoice copy), you should enter the invoice number mentioned in the supplier invoice copy.
2. In case, if you want to have a different sequence for different OUs, you should also select the document category name (in invoice header) while entering the invoice. Did you do this step?
3. The sequence number will get created in the document number field (Not invoice number field) when you save the invoice header.

Cheers,
Saravanan

hi, thanks yar. Here u r speaking about document category. in invoice batch we have document category. but in normal invoice iam not finding any document categroy field. r u speaking about inovice batch ? if yes the document category field is graved out. i think in payable options invoice tab we have to enable the allow document category override . but it is irrevarsable.

waiting for ur reply

thanks.
tgs100

Post by tgs100 »

Document category field is available in invoice header and it may be hidden now. Use Folder --> Show Field to make it visible.

Cheers,
Saravanan

[quote]Document category field is available in invoice header and it may be hidden now. Use Folder --> Show Field to make it visible.

Cheers,
Saravanan

<i><div align="right">Originally posted by tgs100
tgs100

Post by tgs100 »

If it is not visible, it must be hidden. Make the field visible.

Cheers,
Saravanan

hi, in the lov also it is not there in the folder.

thanks
tgs100

Post by tgs100 »

Search for "Voucher Number". Voucher number field is the document number in AP Invoice screen.

Cheers,
Saravanan