bank balance

This forum is to discuss different features/issues of Oracle Financials modules ( GL - General Ledger, AP - Accounts Payable, AR - Accounts Receivable, FA - Fixed Assets & CM - Cash Management ).
stalinvstalin@gmail.com

bank balance

Post by stalinvstalin@gmail.com »

hai all,

i am working on 11i having query in ap

when we make payments(singleor batch) if payable balance is more than bank balance then it should give error?how is it posssible

ex:if my bank balance is 1000 and if try to make a payment of 2000 then it should give a message and stop the payment process. can any one help me. it is ugrent

Thanks|&Regards
stalin
tgs100

Post by tgs100 »

You can not have such validations in Payments.

1. You may expect the "Cash in" from other sources (say, within a day), based on which you can issue check (Cheque) to the vendor.
2. Also when you change the 'payment date' while making payment, how does the system know the bank balance on 'payment date'?
3. If you have not done reconciliation online, bank balance will not be correct in the system.
4. You may want to make payment even though there is less bank balance (purposely).

Cheers,
Saravanan TG
stalinvstalin@gmail.com

Post by stalinvstalin@gmail.com »

tahks saravanan for u r answers

but my client have no much recepipts and he is not bouther about payment date he wnat that as of now there is no balance he is not willing to make payment. we r using batch payments.is there any possibility
oteixeira

Post by oteixeira »

Hello.

You could use Forms Personalization to check the GL Cash account of the bank at the time of issuing the payment. The problem is, as saravanan said, the balance is not correct while there are unposted payments/receipts.

Octavio
tgs100

Post by tgs100 »

In my opinion this should be done out of the system. You may use the cash flow reports for the same.

I am not sure whether you can do personalization in batch payments to achieve your requirement. However it should be possible in Quick payments.

Cheers,
Saravanan TG