PROD, TEST instance related questions?

Under this forum members can discuss the AIM and its different documents.
harikumarc1981@rediffmail

PROD, TEST instance related questions?

Post by harikumarc1981@rediffmail »

hi,
1. what is the difference among the production instance, development instance and Test instance.
2. what is sic (system interface testing) what we will do here
3. in which instance we will do the final setups

4. in which instance we will do the preliminary setups

5. what is unit testing and integrated testing ,where wel will do this , will we do this in TE 40 itself or some other

6. what is sop ( standard operating procedure) what we will do here
admin

Post by admin »

1. what is the difference among the production instance, development instance and Test instance.

<b>PROD instance:</b> Online organization instance with actual data. No downtime or less downtime is affordable so no experiments/testing on this instance.

<b>TEST instance:</b> Cloned copy of PROD to do testing and experiments. Like testing a patch on test and once all steps testing then on PROD. On TEST you can test new scenarios or new modules implementation. As it is in use of only DBA/Sysadmin so crashes and reclone is affordable.

<b>DEV instance:</b> This is normally used by developers to develop reports or other development activities. Crashed/experiments/downtime not affordable thats why development is not on TEST so a separate instance is available.

2. what is sic (system interface testing) what we will do here

Interface is to get/transfer data from one module to other. Like General Ledger interface testing to transfer data from AP to GL etc...

3. in which instance we will do the final setups

PROD

4. in which instance we will do the preliminary setups

TEST

5. what is unit testing and integrated testing ,where wel will do this , will we do this in TE 40 itself or some other

Unit testing is standalone testing of certain unit while integrate is the complete cycle in which different units will be involved.

6. what is sop ( standard operating procedure) what we will do here

SOP's are organization specific procedures like how will they perform certain activities in a standard way. These are written procedures which need to be followed by the employees.

Thanks
harikumarc1981@rediffmail

Post by harikumarc1981@rediffmail »

hi , u have done wonderful job. really thanks yar.

i have one more question. From ur explination i understood that the setups will be done at test instance and once UAT is over then we will do the final setups in production instance. here i have a question. while difining the Multi org first we wll define the responsibilities then we will assign it to the user and then we well do the setups . so the first step defining responsibilities and all
1. Where we define ?

2. in which instance we define

thanks
admin

Post by admin »

I wish if someone can understand your exact question. I think I have provided all the info. tks
Racle11i

Post by Racle11i »

hi harikumarc1981@rediffmail,

Hope you talking about Test instance,what ever experiments you want to do ,you can do on test ,but not on Prod or Dev,
,this will clear your question.
one more clarification is ,creating responsibilities and assigning to users is the work done by sys.admin/dba responsibility.
same as for MO .
all you need to do is create BG's ,LE,OU and IO for your MO.

Best Regards