Unplanned depriciation & NBV of the assets

This forum is to discuss different features/issues of Oracle Financials modules ( GL - General Ledger, AP - Accounts Payable, AR - Accounts Receivable, FA - Fixed Assets & CM - Cash Management ).
aganguly

Unplanned depriciation & NBV of the assets

Post by aganguly »

Our objective is to change the net book value and accumulated depreciation of the asset thru unplanned depreciation and the system should consider the changed NBV while calculating the depreciation in WDV method.

We changed the NBV of the asset in the month of April,2009 thru unplanned depreciation.But while calculating the depreciation in WDV method the system is still considering the NBV which was there in 1st April, 2009.

We want the system should consider the changed NBV while calculating depreciation in WDV method.
Pls. provide a solution for the same.We urgently require this solution.

Thanks is advance.

aganguly
anjan123

Post by anjan123 »

[quote]Our objective is to change the net book value and accumulated depreciation of the asset thru unplanned depreciation and the system should consider the changed NBV while calculating the depreciation in WDV method.

We changed the NBV of the asset in the month of April,2009 thru unplanned depreciation.But while calculating the depreciation in WDV method the system is still considering the NBV which was there in 1st April, 2009.

We want the system should consider the changed NBV while calculating depreciation in WDV method.

Thanks is advance.

aganguly

<i><div align="right">Originally posted by aganguly
aganguly

Post by aganguly »

NBV can be changed thru Unplanned Depreciation.

e.g. the current NBV is Rs. 10000.00 and you want to make it 9500.00. So thru unplanned depreciation if you charge 500 as depreciation amount then the NBV will be changed to 9500 and at the same time Accumulated Depreciation will also be changed by 500.

In WDV method the system always calculates the depreciation on the basis of the NBV which is there at the begining of the financial year(in our case it is 1st April).

Soppose the NBV is Rs. 10000.00 on 1st Arpil, 2009. Now thru unplanned depreciation if I cnage the NBV at 9500.00 in April, 2009 still the system will calculate the depreciation considerion Rs. 10000.00 and not Rs. 9500.00 in WDV method.

What I want the system should consider Rs. 9500.00 as the NBV after unplanned depreciation and will calculate depreciation on that NBV in WDV method.

Hope the matter is clear now.

Rehards.

Amitava
kishan1408

Post by kishan1408 »

[quote]Our objective is to change the net book value and accumulated depreciation of the asset thru unplanned depreciation and the system should consider the changed NBV while calculating the depreciation in WDV method.

Thanks is advance.

aganguly

<i><div align="right">Originally posted by aganguly
aganguly

Post by aganguly »

Hi Krishna,

Actually my objective is to make some changes in the NBV and Accumulated Depreciation on an Asset in WDV method.

Our Financial year is Apr-Mar.Suppose on 1st April, 2009 , the NBV of an asset is Rs.5000.00.For this asset depreciation will be calculated on WDV method.I want to change the NBV of the asset to Rs.4500.00 and I want the system should calculate the depreciation on WDV method considering the NBV as Rs. 4500.00.

How this is possible! Pls. let me know.

Regards.

A. Ganguly