Detailed Lines in Gen Ledger

This forum is to discuss different features/issues of Oracle Financials modules ( GL - General Ledger, AP - Accounts Payable, AR - Accounts Receivable, FA - Fixed Assets & CM - Cash Management ).
razashahaca

Detailed Lines in Gen Ledger

Post by razashahaca »

Hi Guru

My client want to see the detailed lines of the transaction into General Ledger. Currently they are able to see only batch total. For example, if i want to see batch linewise break up i have to go back to Relevant module. Kindly let me know how to solve this issue
admin

Post by admin »

Payables: Setup > Options > Financials > Transfer to GL (TAB) and check your settings. tks
tgs100

Post by tgs100 »

I am not sure whether I have understood your question correctly.

1. While transferring the accounting entries to GL, you can transfer in detail to GL which will give you more details, but the constraint will be the space. Also you need to drilldown to subledger to get the subledger related information.
2. The general practice (with my limited experience) is to customize the report to display the GL information along with the subledger information.

Cheers,
Saravanan
razashahaca

Post by razashahaca »

First of all i am really thankful to you brothers who take care of the queries posed over here.

Secondly, i rephrase my question, actually my client needs to see the drill down of posted accounts. Like if there is expense of Traveling, GL is showing one figure, but how many lines make that one figure needs to be known by client.

BR
tgs100

Post by tgs100 »

Your requirement is basically a report. There is no standard report available now to give the GL details plus the corresponding subledger transactions. You may have to customize the report.

Cheers,
Saravanan