OPM Finance Setup and Major Functioanlity Doc

This forum is to discuss different features/issues of Oracle Financials modules ( GL - General Ledger, AP - Accounts Payable, AR - Accounts Receivable, FA - Fixed Assets & CM - Cash Management ).
anjan123

OPM Finance Setup and Major Functioanlity Doc

Post by anjan123 »

Hi Folks,

This is the first time i amd implementing OPM Finance, Could some one share the setup and Key functionality Document please.

Regards
Anjan
tgs100

Post by tgs100 »

I did this setup in 11i long back. I will not be able to share the docs as they were part of deliverables. I will give you the steps below. The following setup steps are applicable if you are planning to use the actual costing.

1. Create Process Organization (OPM Sysadmin --> System Setup --> Organizations)
2. Create OPM Warehouses (OPM Inventory Control --> Setup --> Warehouses)
3. Create Cost Warehouse Associations (OPM Financials --> Cost Management --> Setup)
4. Define Cost Methods (OPM Financials --> Cost Management --> Setup --> Cost Methods
5. Create OPM Calendar (OPM Financials --> Cost Management --> Setup --> Calendars)
6. Create OPM Item
7. Create Component Group (OPM Financials --> Cost Management --> Setup --> Component Groups)
8. Create Cost Component Classes (You can configure component classes like Raw Material, Labour Expenses, Overhead Expenses in OPM unlike discrete where it is fixed)
9. Define Cost Analysis Codes
10. Create Allocation Codes (OPM Financials --> Cost Management --> Setup --> Actual Costs --> Expense Allocations --> Codes)
11. Create Allocation Definitions
12. Define Expense Codes to allocate to the cost component ((OPM Financials --> Cost Management --> Setup --> Actual Costs --> Expense Allocations --> Expenses)

Make sure that the GL accounts have balances.

13. Run Cost allocation Process
14. Run Actual Cost Process
15. Run Cost Update Process

The above setups and navigations are applicable for 11i. There was no major change in the steps between 11i and R12, but responsibilities and navigations were slightly different. Please check the oracle document for details.

Cheers,
Saravanan