Diff b/w Open item Revalution(AP) and Revaluation

This forum is to discuss different features/issues of Oracle Financials modules ( GL - General Ledger, AP - Accounts Payable, AR - Accounts Receivable, FA - Fixed Assets & CM - Cash Management ).
balbanu@yahoo.com

Diff b/w Open item Revalution(AP) and Revaluation

Post by balbanu@yahoo.com »

Hi,

can anyone please tell me the fucntionality of Open item Revaluation and how it is useful and what is necessary of having this fuctionality since we already have the Revaluation functionality?

Thanks
balbanu
tgs100

Post by tgs100 »

Revaluation will happen only when you make payments and reconciliation in AP and it will be an automatic transaction.

There could be open transactions like unpaid invoices, DM/CM at the month end. Using the open item revaluation report, you can find out the differential amount arising between transaction exchange rate and the period end exchange rate. You can enter a manual JV in GL based on this report and then reverse this JV in the beginning of the next month.

Cheers,
Saravanan
balbanu@yahoo.com

Hi Saravanan,

Thanks for your reply all the time. I need some more clarification on this functionality. Instead of run this report and find out the difference and then will adjust manually in GL, we can run Revaluation functionality. So, when is the right time to perform both the functionality? could you explain with some examples and Journal entries?

Thanks,
balbanu
balbanu@yahoo.com

Hi,

Can i have any updates, please?

Thanks,
Balbanu.
tgs100

Post by tgs100 »

You can also use revaluation functionality in GL, however you will not be able to find out the affected transactions (subledger transactions) which is mandatory in some countries like USA.

Cheers,
Saravanan