India local payables vendor type wrongly selected

This forum is to discuss different features/issues of Oracle Financials modules ( GL - General Ledger, AP - Accounts Payable, AR - Accounts Receivable, FA - Fixed Assets & CM - Cash Management ).
phanigajarao

India local payables vendor type wrongly selected

Post by phanigajarao »

Version R12/11i? = 11i
Instance PROD/TEST/VIS? =PROD
Module? = India local payables
OS? = IBM AIX

Hi All,

I am facing following issue regarding oracle payables India localization.
User created supplier in supplier additional information (India local payables-suppliers-additional information)
He selected supplier and he chosen Company-IND in vendor type filed instead of individual-IND.
He created invoice and done payment after that he identified he selected wrong vendor type. Now can I change this vendor type from Company-IND to individual-IND.please help me.
AmanKhan

Post by AmanKhan »

There should be no issue in changing vendor type since it is additional information.

Try to change vendor type.

Regards,
phanigajarao

Post by phanigajarao »

Thanks aman.
tgs100

Post by tgs100 »

The correct approach is that you should reverse the invoices and payments and then delete the supplier additional information and then add the correct one.

Otherwise TDS information (India Localization) will not be correct as deleting (Can't change the vendor type after saving) the supplier additional information will not delete the TDS informations created with the old type.

Cheers,
Saravanan