Document Sequence - Payables R12

This forum is to discuss different features/issues of Oracle Financials modules ( GL - General Ledger, AP - Accounts Payable, AR - Accounts Receivable, FA - Fixed Assets & CM - Cash Management ).
kommineni7

Document Sequence - Payables R12

Post by kommineni7 »

Hi,

I am trying to define the document sequence for ap invoices. Below steps i done form my side.

created the document sequence
created document category
assigned the categoy (The category defined in the above step)
set the profile to Partially used.

But while tring to etner invoice, document sequence is not working. then i assignmnet my document sequence to seeded document category for standard invoices. now sequence is working fine.

it is the intended functionality of Oracle Payables?

we have use only the sedded oracle categories or we can create our own?

if we created our own categories, is there any process to make avialble the categories in invoice work bench?

Please do the needful..

Thanks in advance...
tgs100

Post by tgs100 »

You can create your own categories, but when you create invoice, you need to select the category in 'Document Category Name' field (which is generally a hidden field) before saving the invoice header. You may also make the field mandatory through personalization.

If you use the seeded categories, you don't need to enter the document category name while creating the invoice.

Cheers,
Saravanan
kommineni7

Post by kommineni7 »

Thanks Sarvanan..

if we want to populate the our own defined category, is there any workaround with out going for customisaiton?
tgs100

Post by tgs100 »

What is the logic to populate the category automatically in the invoice screen? If you have a logic and if you want to populate the user defined category name automatically in invoice screen, then you need to do customization. There is no work around except entering it manually. You can make this field mandatory by doing personalization.

Cheers,
Saravanan