indian localisation

This forum is to discuss different features/issues of Oracle Financials modules ( GL - General Ledger, AP - Accounts Payable, AR - Accounts Receivable, FA - Fixed Assets & CM - Cash Management ).
nrao1981

indian localisation

Post by nrao1981 »

Hi,

I want to discuss something about indian localisation AP TDs and AR as per 11i (11.5.10.2)

In AP we want to make the Tax directly to the tax authority. so that we deduct the TDS amount from the invoice and the deducted amount will be paid to tax autority directly.

Coming to AR we are receiving amount from the customers. So what will happen here. Can anyone help me what is going on in AR.

Cany any one help me regarding this.
oteixeira

Post by oteixeira »

Hello.
In AR the TDS is not performed because you are not paying nothing. When accounting your invoices to customers you must split the turnover and tax amount, which wil be paid to the tax autority:

For a regular transaction:

DR Receivables $100
CR Revenue $80
CR Tax $20

Octavio
nrao1981

Post by nrao1981 »

[quote]Hello.
In AR the TDS is not performed because you are not paying nothing. When accounting your invoices to customers you must split the turnover and tax amount, which wil be paid to the tax autority:

For a regular transaction:

DR Receivables $100
CR Revenue $80
CR Tax $20

Octavio

<i><div align="right">Originally posted by oteixeira
oteixeira

Post by oteixeira »

Hello.

Yes, you should setup AR in order to account the Tax amount separetely from the Turnover amount otherwise you will need to manually calculate the Tax amount to be paid to the Tax Authority, which can be a real headache if you have several taxes. This is how the VAT Tax mechanism works.

Octavio
nrao1981

Post by nrao1981 »

[quote]Hello.

Yes, you should setup AR in order to account the Tax amount separetely from the Turnover amount otherwise you will need to manually calculate the Tax amount to be paid to the Tax Authority, which can be a real headache if you have several taxes. This is how the VAT Tax mechanism works.

Octavio

oteixeira

Post by oteixeira »

Hello.

It depends.. Where are your transactions coming from? A legacy system? Created directly in APPS?

Octavio
nrao1981

Post by nrao1981 »

[quote]Hello.

It depends.. Where are your transactions coming from? A legacy system? Created directly in APPS?

Octavio

oteixeira

Post by oteixeira »

Hello.

You will need to setup the Autoinvoice feature. <b>The chapter Importing Transaction Information Using AutoInvoice</b>, page 3-192 of the <b>Oracle Receivables User Guide</b> is the ideal documentation for you to read. All steps are documented there. One of the last tasks will be to fill the interface tables RA_INTERFACE_LINES_ALL and RA_INTERFACE_DISTRIBUTIONS_ALL. If you have any difficulty on setting up Autoinvoice just let me know and i will guide you.

Octavio
nrao1981

Post by nrao1981 »

[quote]Hello.

You will need to setup the Autoinvoice feature. <b>The chapter Importing Transaction Information Using AutoInvoice</b>, page 3-192 of the <b>Oracle Receivables User Guide</b> is the ideal documentation for you to read. All steps are documented there. One of the last tasks will be to fill the interface tables RA_INTERFACE_LINES_ALL and RA_INTERFACE_DISTRIBUTIONS_ALL. If you have any difficulty on setting up Autoinvoice just let me know and i will guide you.

Octavio

oteixeira

Post by oteixeira »

Hello.

See MOS Doc ID 209936.1 which is for 11i.

Octavio
erp11

Post by erp11 »

[quote]Hello.

See MOS Doc ID 209936.1 which is for 11i.

Octavio

oteixeira

Post by oteixeira »

Hello.
The document you are looking for is Doc ID 334838.1

Octavio
erp11

Post by erp11 »

[quote]Hello.
The document you are looking for is Doc ID 334838.1

Octavio

oteixeira

Post by oteixeira »

Hello.

Localizations are very specific. I do not have any knowledge about India Localization. Anyway, i was able to easily find the document. It is a document called <b>India_Localization_URM-IN60106.pdf</b>. Try this URL:

https://support.oracle.com/CSP/ui/flash ... 20Manual))

Octavio
Number13

Post by Number13 »

Hi,

Where can I get document for doing TAX setup in India Localization for AR in R12.

Its really urgent and I will be really grateful if somebody tell me about it.

Thanks,

Satya