Service Tax Difference credit Note

This forum is to discuss different features/issues of Oracle Financials modules ( GL - General Ledger, AP - Accounts Payable, AR - Accounts Receivable, FA - Fixed Assets & CM - Cash Management ).
EMANUEL

Service Tax Difference credit Note

Post by EMANUEL »

Hi,

There is a rounding off difference of Service Tax amount in the Opening Balances data uploaded

I am passing a Credit note from Localization screen to give the effect to the Customer, and in Distribution I am selecting the Service Tax code combination

The Settlement screen in the Service Tax regime does not recognized the amounts passed in the Credit notes

Please suggest any workaround

Emanuel
mpdhas@gmail.com

Post by mpdhas@gmail.com »

Hi Emanual,

You should not attach the service tax in the distribution. Instead u should attach the tax code in the Localization screen.

Regards,
dhas
EMANUEL

Post by EMANUEL »

Mr.Dhas,

I think your have not understood my requirement

I require only the Service Tax amount for passing the Debit/Credit Note

Taxes are attached on the Basic amounts in the Localization and I do not require the Basic Amount but only the ST amount as a D/C Note

Rgds
Emanuel
vivekpratapsingh

Post by vivekpratapsingh »

[quote]
Hi,

There is a rounding off difference of Service Tax amount in the Opening Balances data uploaded

I am passing a Credit note from Localization screen to give the effect to the Customer, and in Distribution I am selecting the Service Tax code combination

The Settlement screen in the Service Tax regime does not recognized the amounts passed in the Credit notes

Please suggest any workaround

Emanuel

<i><div align="right">Originally posted by EMANUEL
EMANUEL

Post by EMANUEL »

HI,

But Service Tax Manual entry does not give the effect to Customer or its ledger.

Rgds
Emanuel