Security set up for Menu/sub menus

In this forum Oracle Applications DBA's, System Administrators & Developers can share their knowledge/issues.
fdevasi

Security set up for Menu/sub menus

Post by fdevasi »

Hello There

I need to give "view only" access to the AP officer for Suppliers Inquiry form in R12 version. How to do the set up. Can some body help me out pls.

cheers
DF
miananwar

Post by miananwar »

Hi Dear,

Please see the below notes which may be help you out to do your requirement.

153024.1 - How to Create Query Only Functions for Menus in Oracle Applications 11.5
420197.1 - HOW TO CREATE QUERY STATUS FOR OM RESPONSIBILITY
799343.1 - R12: Does the seeded OM application have a Query_Only responsibility?

HR has a special feature where a responsibility can be made read-only - see these MOS Docs

434797.1 - How To Create a Query Only Responsibility In Applications 11i
566942.1 - How to Create a Query-only Responsibility for HR
How To Create a Query Only Responsibility In Applications 11i [ID 434797.1]

Setting Up Query-only Access to Forms
You can restrict access to query-only for all HR and Payroll forms on a menu by setting the user profile option HR:Query Only Mode to Yes. You can set this profile for individual responsibilities or users, or at the site or application level.
If you want to give query-only access to some forms and full access to other forms, set the HR:Query Only Mode profile to No and use the parameter QUERY_ONLY=YES at form function level to restrict access to individual forms.
Note: You can set the parameter QUERY_ONLY=YES for a form function that also launches a task flow. In this case, specify two parameters in the Form Function window:
QUERY_ONLY=YES
WORKFLOW_NAME="taskflow name"
The entire task flow will be query-only, not just the first form.
To restrict access to query-only mode for an individual form:
1. In the Form Functions window, select the form and specify the parameter QUERY_ONLY=YES. If you want to specify other parameters for this form function, separate them with a space.
2. Enter a user function name to identify your new function, and save it.
3. In the Menus window, select your new function instead of the supplied form function.

regards,
anwar
fdevasi

Post by fdevasi »

Salam Anwar

Thanks and appreciate your help.

I'll follow U'r instructions and let you know if any issues.

cheers
DF