Release 12i

This forum is to discuss different features/issues of Oracle Financials modules ( GL - General Ledger, AP - Accounts Payable, AR - Accounts Receivable, FA - Fixed Assets & CM - Cash Management ).
vijayasarathyr

Release 12i

Post by vijayasarathyr »

Lets all talk about the recently released Oracle 12i. It would be great if we all come with the changes that has occured in Oracle Financials. The major changes are in Oracle Financials only. Where is the SoB? [:)]

The great flexibility that Oracle 12i has given is that we Ledger Options that I have noticed. Also they have come up with 4C. I feel one should understand the concept around which Oracle 12i is released. If one does not understands that, then the life when implementing it will be very very difficult. Its 12i.......watch out for Fusion.
admin

Post by admin »

First Oracle has removed i so it is Release 12 secondly please visit the following link,

http://blogs.oracle.com/schan/release12
vijayasarathyr

Post by vijayasarathyr »

Leaving out the concept part of it, I could see major changes such as look and feel of the instance. This I think they have made to beat Great Plains of Miscrosoft who were much much better than oracle before.

Secondly Oracle has introduced more self service pages.

And finally they have unnecessarily splitted things and made it real big sort of thing.

If you would have noticed, in Oracle AP they are asking for OPerating unit in invoice screen while in Receivables they are asking for Legal Entity. Still trying to find out why is like that. Anyone understood, please let me know.
sridhar_6735

Post by sridhar_6735 »

Hi

i am planning to write one for rel 12 which should be ready in july07