Accounting Calander

This forum is to discuss different features/issues of Oracle Financials modules ( GL - General Ledger, AP - Accounts Payable, AR - Accounts Receivable, FA - Fixed Assets & CM - Cash Management ).
Sandip27

Accounting Calander

Post by Sandip27 »

Hi GURUs

can some one tell me how to replace existing accouting calendar with new calendar in accounting setup in Oracle 11i
oteixeira

Post by oteixeira »

Hello.

You can create a new calendar but you cannot replace the one being used. To do that you will need also to create a new set of books and associate it to the new calendar. Then you have to transfer all existing account balances to the new set of books.

Octavio
Sandip27

Post by Sandip27 »

Hi Octavio,

We have already a Set of Books and clender but it shown last date on 31.03.10. After we want to open a new Finacial year 2010-11 in oracle 11i, So please help me out

[quote]Hello.

You can create a new calendar but you cannot replace the one being used. To do that you will need also to create a new set of books and associate it to the new calendar. Then you have to transfer all existing account balances to the new set of books.

Octavio

<i><div align="right">Originally posted by oteixeira
admin

Post by admin »

You question is to create "new calendar" which is confusing. But what I understood that you want to create new periods for next year so you can just create periods. Let us know when there is any problem. Better export an existing and change dates and names and upload new one. thanks
Sandip27

Post by Sandip27 »

We can't open the next year due to calender not exist. So please help me out
oteixeira

Post by oteixeira »

Hello.

Just as Admin said, you need to open the new periods. Navigate to Setup/Financials/Calendars/Accounting, query you accountitng calendar and insert new periods.

Octavio
Sandip27

Post by Sandip27 »

Thanks for your information. We upadte the same