interface

This forum is to discuss different features/issues of Oracle Financials modules ( GL - General Ledger, AP - Accounts Payable, AR - Accounts Receivable, FA - Fixed Assets & CM - Cash Management ).
annadasahoo

interface

Post by annadasahoo »

can anyone help me out ????
what are the standard APIs and interfaces in finanacials
anu_uma

Post by anu_uma »

Hi,
we have the following API's

1. Payables open Interface Consists of two tables, ap_invoices_interfaces and ap_invoice_lines_interface.

2. AR has Six Major API

a) Inbound Billing Transactions
b)Inbound Customer Records
c)Inbound Bank Receipts
d)Outbound update to the GL
e)Inbound Sales Tax Rates
f)Tax Vendor Extension

Ex. ra_customer_interface, ra_customer_banks_interface, ar_tax_interface, ar_payments_interface for importing bank receipts which uses the Auto Lcokbox API's etc

3. FA -
FA_MASS_ADDITIONS helps to work the mass additions posting program to work properly, we need not give any values to this Interface.
fa_Budeget_interface
and the INV interface

INV interface is the used to transfer the Physical Inventory data that are collected.

4. Cash Management - the bank statement open interface helps to enter the bank statement file to the cash management.

there is one more open interface for Forecasting in cash management. Ths interface collects these externally generated cash flow amounts and includes them in the cash forecasts.

ce_statement_headers_int_all, ce_statement_lines_interface

5.Purchasing Open Interface allows u to load and validate electronic catalogs and supply agreements.

Requisitions Open Interface
Purchasing Documents Open Interface
Receiving Open Interface
Purchase Order Change APIs
Cancel PO API
Custom Pricing API
There are many more interfaces in the Inventory and Order Management Modules
annadasahoo

Post by annadasahoo »

hi
thanks a lot,
can u pls explain me what is the difference between a custom interface and a open interface.
how & where we uses these interfaces with one example.
pls
anu_uma

Post by anu_uma »

Open Interfaces are provided with Oracle Applications. They are primarily used to integrate with custom or non- Oracle Applications. These Interfaces are used for importing the historical data from legacy applications and from spreadsheets.

Uma
annadasahoo

Post by annadasahoo »

hi
thanks
i am a technical guy
i want to know after loading the data to interface tables how we uses the interface APIs or how we run that interface.
pls tell me about all the interfaces you hv specified above also of GL
anu_uma

Post by anu_uma »

As a funtional Consultant, I am not sure about the scripts what the technical guys use to load the data. generally, the data's can be loaded with the SQL Loader /Data Loader

Admin,

Pls suggest the answer or the technical Usage of the Interfaces.

TIA
annadasahoo

Post by annadasahoo »

hi
thanx for ur reply
i think u did not get me.
i am asking how u does the above interfaces?
Eg:
outbound update to gl and in bound billing transactions in AR
Thanks
anu_uma

Post by anu_uma »

Hi,

ok let me say about the Payables Open Interface Import.

The Paybles Open Interface helps to load large numbers of invoices into Oracle Payables from an external systems/ other systems.
To import invoices through the open interface, you must populate the AP_INVOICES_INTERFACE and AP_INVOICE_LINES_INTERFACE tables.
Once the import process is complete, the data from the interface tables will be in the AP_INVOICES_ALL and AP_INVOICE_DISTRIBUTIONS_ALL tables.

To Enter an invoice through the invoice workbench there are some required fields you must enter, therefore it is logical that these required fields are in the interface tables that must be populated in order for the import to complete successfully.

The minimum amount of data that is required for the
<font color="blue"><b>AP_INVOICES_INTERFACE</b></font id="blue"> table is:
1. invoice_id
2. invoice_num
3. invoice_amount
4. source
5. supplier information

Invoice_Id is the primary key for AP_INVOICES_INTERFACE table which is generated if the invoice is created in the applications and will not be
imported into the AP_INVOICES_ALL table.

The invoice_num must be unique for the particular
supplier site associated with the invoice.

like wise you have to get all the source and supplier informations like (Sup. Name, Number, Site, site ID and PO number if any from PO)

After Loading the data thru the Payables Open Interface Import program, Once all invoices are imported, submit the Payables
Open Interface Purge, which will delete all the records from the interface tables.
ahmadbilal

Post by ahmadbilal »

[quote]can anyone help me out ????
what are the standard APIs and interfaces in finanacials

<i><div align="right">Originally posted by annadasahoo
anu_uma

Post by anu_uma »

Hi,
After using the interfaces to load the data's , it has to purged and the data can be accessed in the respective modules.

TIA