change of UOM

Purchasing & Inventory forum can be used to discuss all features/issues related to Oracle Purchasing & Inventory.
vanisri_mayya

change of UOM

Post by vanisri_mayya »

Hi,

Is there any way to change the UOM once the item has been created? Or is there any work around for this to use different UOM other than defined for the item? We are using 11i.

Regards,
Vanisri
wenjie

Post by wenjie »

WE CAN DEFINE A CONVERSION, LIKE 1 ROLL = 100 MTR, OR 1 ROLL=50 MTR
vanisri_mayya

Post by vanisri_mayya »

Hi,

Thanks a lot. Let me try.

Regards,
Vanisri
seagalram@yahoo.com

Post by seagalram@yahoo.com »

Hi vani,

There are 2 UOM's
1.Base UOM
2.Primary UOM

System Always accounting on primary UOM.while receiving material into inv we can receive it in diff uom by using cascading option.IN OM you have to check primary UOM so that system will conver it to the Base UOM.These are the workaround for various possiblr scenario.If this answer not solve your issue.let me know the exact problem why you need to change your defined UOM?

Ram.
Buddy

Post by Buddy »

Dear All,

In addition to Ms.Vanisri's query I have couple of questions.

1. Can we change the Primary UOM after the item is created and saved, as I have realised that the Primary UOM what I have given it wrong after saving but before performing any transactions on it.

2. Secondly can I change the Primary UOM for the Item after recording the transction on the item.

Regards,
kalyan@erp

Post by kalyan@erp »

Dear All,

Do remember the once the items is created you can never change the Primary UOM, only thing is that going for a conversion.

Or else you can delete the item if no transactions exist and create the same item with right UOM.

Kalyan[:)]
imranhad

Post by imranhad »

If any transaction not been done then you can change UOM, just click on UOM then click help > examine enter correct UOM and save it

If transaction has been done, then return all quantity, disable this item and create new item.

Imran Hyder
Don

Post by Don »

[quote]Hi,

Is there any way to change the UOM once the item has been created? Or is there any work around for this to use different UOM other than defined for the item? We are using 11i.

Regards,
Vanisri

<i><div align="right">Originally posted by vanisri_mayya
vanisri_mayya

Post by vanisri_mayya »

Dear all,

Thanks a lot for the clarifications.

Regards,
Vanisri