unpaid leave

Oracle Human Resource (Core HR), Payroll, Time & Labor, Self Service HR, Advance Benefit, Talent Management (Performance Management, Competency Management, Performance Appraisal, Goal Management), iRecruitment, Compensation Workbench
alaa_hj

unpaid leave

Post by alaa_hj »

Dear all

Really i want to implement these type of leaves using oracle HRMS absence management.

salary month is Jan

first case
short unpaid leave :
for example
i have employee that took short unpaid leave duration = 5 days in Jan
he is assigned to monthly payroll , his salary = 1000 $

i want the application to calculate the amount of these 5 days as money and deduct this amount by adding a deduction element related to the leave.
second case :
long unpaid leave
for example
i have employee that took a long unpaid leave duration = 80 days start from first of Jan

i want the application to stop calculate the salary for this employee , and when he returned back to the company
i want the application to calculate his salary from the day that he returned back , i mean calculate proportion from the day he returned back to the end of the month that he returned back in .

Best Regards
eng_ahmad_2007

Post by eng_ahmad_2007 »

Dear Alaa,

1- Define an element and link it to an absence type ("Unpaid Leave").
2- Define another element and link to Fast Formula that calculates all unpaid leaves in a payroll month.
If unpaid_leaves <= 5, then define an indirect element to handle the deduction amount.
else, stop employee salary (change the assignment status to "Suspended").

Hope this helps,

Best Regards,

Ahmad Ghanem
alaa_hj

Post by alaa_hj »

thank you very much Ahmad.
but sorry what did you mean by indirect element .
eng_ahmad_2007

Post by eng_ahmad_2007 »

Dear Alaa,

Kindly refer to these posts:

topic.asp?whichpage=1&TOPIC_ID=7950&

topic.asp?whichpage=1&TOPIC_ID=7062&

If you still have questions, feel free to ask.

Kind Regards,

Ahmad Ghanem
alaa_hj

Post by alaa_hj »

Dear Ahmad
i read about the indirect element and indirect result .
but as i mention i want the deduction element to be entered and calculated automatically.
lets explain your solution.

I have to define unpaid leave element with information classification , then I have to define an absence type unpaid leave , then link this absence type with the unpaid leave element in the absence type window.

after that I have to define a deduction element lets suppose its name (un_paid_leave_amount) with deduction classification and non-recurring process .

after that I have to define a fast formula that will calculate the unpaid leave amount .

now, this formula must have unpaid leave days as input .

how can you let days that exists in the unpaid leave element to be passed to the fast formula .
as I know that you cant set formula result for element that have information classification.
eng_ahmad_2007

Post by eng_ahmad_2007 »

Dear Alaa,

1) Write a PL/SQL function in the DB that calculates the unpaid leaves within a payroll period.
2) Register the function on the application (functions form).
3) Call the function in the "un_paid_leave_amount" element fast formula and calculate, based on that, the deduction amount.

Hope this helps,

Best Regards,

Ahmad Ghanem
alaa_hj

Post by alaa_hj »

Dear all
I have been solved my problem.
I think when I read about the absence and absence type that you can just link the absence type with element that has information classification.
but when I try to define a deduction element and link it with the absence type , the system accept it.
so after that I can calculate the amount of the days of the unpaid leave.