Importance of language for Functionals...

All the discussion which is not possible in the above forums should be posted here.
cla81

Importance of language for Functionals...

Post by cla81 »

Hi Guys.

Currently I'm working outside my country and i have discovered that
is necessaery a very fluent english for working in a functional role in UK.
Otherwise i have also discovered that it is MANDATORY to know german if i want work in Germany, FRENCH if I want work in France and so on. The only english it isn't sufficent if you want work AS FUNCTIONAL while the THECNIC doesn't has this problem and he can work abroad with only english.

My profile is 99% functional.

Could I ask to you if somebody know if is this correct?
Isn't it possible to find a job related to functional area(NO tecnic, no PL/SQL) where you can work only with english, customizing the EBS, making test and so on WITHOUT to talk with the final customer that doesn't speak english?????????

At the end...Is it possible to work how BACK OFFICE with functional skills???????
admin

Post by admin »

Well it depends on the country, company how strong are they in english other than their native language. Most of the time companies will specify in their advertisement which language they need the professionals. Now I think companies within any country can be devided into two major categores/business,

1- Doing business only locally - these companies will prefer who know the local language.
2- Companies who are dealing internationally will have english speaking people so they will accept other than local language.

but the above are not hard and fast rules.

The more important is the localization knowledge of the country where you want to work. Like taxes, payrolls, pensions, inventories etc....

I hope this will help a little bit to understand the concept. thanks