Clarifications on Initial Set up

Oracle Human Resource (Core HR), Payroll, Time & Labor, Self Service HR, Advance Benefit, Talent Management (Performance Management, Competency Management, Performance Appraisal, Goal Management), iRecruitment, Compensation Workbench
anu_uma

Clarifications on Initial Set up

Post by anu_uma »

Hi,

If someone can respond to the below queries, it will be of a great help to know more on HRMS and the Structure.

I got these doubts based on my current project.

What is the role of Business Group in Payroll Processing?
How many Business Group can we have?
How many Payrolls can we have under Single Business Group?
How it is differentiated?
Can we have more than one payroll for an operating unit?
How can we categorize the employees belongs to different payroll?

Rest in Next
eng_ahmad_2007

Post by eng_ahmad_2007 »

Dear Uma,

- Business group is the container of all organizations and employees' information in one enterprise. It also controls data security through together with some profile options.

- Usually, Business Group is equivalent to an implementation in one country (Saudi Arabia for example). Thus, you can have many business groups if you have multi-national implementation.

- Payroll specifies the payment methods, the periods and number of years for which you want to pay employees. Thus, you can have as many payrolls as you require under one business group. It is according to your business needs.

- Payrolls are differentiated accorfing to their definition (Period Type, Payment Methods, Number of Years...etc). When you run Payroll, you speficy which payroll to run).

- Yes you can have more than one payroll for an operating unit.

- Employees are categorized from Assignment form. You can assign an employee to a certain payroll so that you can process his payroll later.

I hope this is useful to you,

Best Regards,

Ahmad Ghanem