Wrong Inventory Receiving

Purchasing & Inventory forum can be used to discuss all features/issues related to Oracle Purchasing & Inventory.
AIMAM

Wrong Inventory Receiving

Post by AIMAM »

Hi,

We are working in oracle applications 11i. Oracle Inventory module user has complained that she has received a PO that have 5 lines twice. I am not sure what went wrong. But I have found in the rcv_transactions table 14 records of that PO with transaction types: 3 DELIVER, 7 RECEIVE and 4 TRANSFER.

From the applications Transactions-> Receiving->Receiving Transactions: for that PO I have found 4 records 2 of them (quantities 15 and 7) with destination type Expense with the parent type transfer and the same 2 lines (again 15&17) with Transation Type Multiple within line 15 i have 3 lines each with a quantity 5, all 3 of them with destination type Expense and parent type Transfer. and within the second line with quantity 7 I have 2 line with quantities 4 and three and destination type expenses

Please, I need someone to tell me what's the problem and how can I solve it.

Regards,
AIMAM

Post by AIMAM »

Hi,

I'll try to elaborate more.

The PO 1295 has 5 lines:
line 1 quantity is 15
line 2 quantity is 7
line 3 quantity is 2
line 4 quantity is 1
line 5 quantity is 1

This PO has 2 receipts 1311 and 1316

receipt 1311 transactions are :
receive and transfer for line 1 -15
receive and transfer for line 2 -7
receive and deliver for line 3
receive and deliver for line 4
receive and deliver for line 5

receipt no 1316 transactions are :
receive and transfer for line 1again 15
receive and transfer for line 2 again 7

now, our problem is with the first two lines:
I don't know how the user made a receive and transfer transaction and I want to reverse it (may be twice) and do a receive deliver transaction

What shall I do?
AIMAM

Post by AIMAM »

hi,

I have checked the PO and found that those specific lines have multiple distributions lines.
The user have tried to receive those two line more than once (two different receipts 1311 & 1316) and the receiving transactions generated are receive /transfer and not receive/ deliver. Why is that?

we have defined the locations for each of the shipping lines for the po 2 linesfor the first receipt 1311.

What do you suggest we do with the second receipt 1316 that contains the same 2 PO lines?How would that impact our GL account balances?

Thank you