How to create Refund in AR for against a Receipt

This forum is to discuss different features/issues of Oracle Financials modules ( GL - General Ledger, AP - Accounts Payable, AR - Accounts Receivable, FA - Fixed Assets & CM - Cash Management ).
Number13

How to create Refund in AR for against a Receipt

Post by Number13 »

Dear All,

Any one would please tell me how to create refund in AR for a Receipt in Oracel AR R12 and what will be its accounting. Please tell me.

It's really very very urgent so I will be really grateful if any one would clear my doubt as soon as possible.

Thanks and Regards,

Satya
mido_emam

Post by mido_emam »

1-Add new receivables activity as class refund and select the combination account for this activity.

2-After that while you on receipt in the apply form select refund and define the amount of refund

3-Save and after that you will find new invoice add in AP with type payment request

4-Now pay this invoice.

* This step only in R12
* If in R11 you do using also receipt activity but will not sent to AP

BR. Mahmoud Maher
koolkhalid

Post by koolkhalid »

Hi mido,

In Oracle R12 does the refund is based on no of AR Receipts? i.e. if i have 2 AR Receipts against 2 AR Invoices for the same customer. When i allocate discount to same customer the refund will create 2 AP Invoices due to 2 AR Receipts. Please guide is this the correct functionlity. If yes, then why it has generated 2 AP Invoices, it should be 1 AP Invoice?

Thanks,

Khalid.
hiszaki

Post by hiszaki »

HI Khalid

According to my knowledge, when you inquiry for AR receipt & make refund for that receipt, only the amount refund will be create a AP invoice.'

So the answer for your question is 1 AP invoice & this invoice will be created from the receipt you use it to apply refund.

Thanks
Hisham