Foreign currency invoice payment in functional cur

This forum is to discuss different features/issues of Oracle Financials modules ( GL - General Ledger, AP - Accounts Payable, AR - Accounts Receivable, FA - Fixed Assets & CM - Cash Management ).
rajiv_erp

Foreign currency invoice payment in functional cur

Post by rajiv_erp »

Hi,

Can anyone clarify this for me. Is it possible to make a foreign currency invoice payment in functuonal currency, if yes, then how.

Thanks and Best Regards

Rajiv
oteixeira

Post by oteixeira »

Hello Rajiv.

An invoice has to be paid on the currency which it has been recorded. The exception goes to Euro currencies where a fixed rate exists between those currencies. When Euro started, it was possibe to pay an invoice in FRF with DEM.
In spite you are paying the invoice in a currency different from the functional, the system allways records the payment amount in functional currency (GL Journal entries).

Octavio
vimalr

Post by vimalr »

Yes . It is possible. But you need to convert your currency and book. System will create exchange variation also. But clearing will be a problem. You can clear by create a dummy bank and clear. At the time of clearing system will pass exchange variation a/c.
rajiv_erp

Post by rajiv_erp »

Hi all,

Thanks for your replies...

Octavio, my invoice is in foreign currency, but I am trying to pay in functional currency.

Vimalr, can you be a bit more precise on how to proceed.

Thanks and Regards
Rajiv
oteixeira

Post by oteixeira »

Hello Rajiv.

The only way you can do it is to cancel the invoice and re-enter it on your functional currency.

Octavio
vimalr

Post by vimalr »

Rajiv

Book your invoice in Foreign Curr. but give the exchange rate. When you pay book as Debit Memo and pay in Func. Curr. But this will have few shortcomings.
1.You can't clear the line item.
2. You can't run payment batch

Vimal

My earlier reply, I am sorry , I didn't understand properly.
rajiv_erp

Post by rajiv_erp »

Hi All,

Thanks for your answers, that was really helpful.

Thanks and Regards
Rajiv
mido_emam

Post by mido_emam »

No way to do this, Just it is enabled between Euro Currency and Derived Currency type.

I tried a lot in R12.

Mahmoud Maher
hiszaki

Post by hiszaki »

Dears

I read before you can pay with functional currency any foreign invoice by select the functional currency bank account & make it multi currency used. So you can pay the USD invoice (foreign) with EUR (functional) but the clearing process will be with functional currency.

Is this function applicable?
Thanks
mido_emam

Post by mido_emam »

OK, Try it.
And feed me back.
But i try it before , but did not work with me, and created SR and the replay is no.
rajiv_erp

Post by rajiv_erp »

Yeap,

Even I tried to do ii in Vision Instance, R12, but could get the payment done...