Workflow gurus

Purchasing & Inventory forum can be used to discuss all features/issues related to Oracle Purchasing & Inventory.
sgeeta

Workflow gurus

Post by sgeeta »

We are on 11.5.7 we have PO Requisition Approval & PO Approval workflow. Can we have a workflow that sends notification when an item is received to the requester and preparer? Any advice please

Thanks
sgeeta

Post by sgeeta »

Can this be done by trigger or worflow or both any advice.
siva sankar

Post by siva sankar »

Hi Geeta,

This process can be done through workflow.

Requester:Is an employee, who is going to request the items is called requester
Preparer:Is also an employee, who is going to prepare the documents as per the requester requirements is called preparer.

If any queries please let me know...
sgeeta

Post by sgeeta »

Hi Siva,

Can you guide how to do this. yes you are right both requester & preparer are emp. As of now we have workflow that emails them that there req has been approved and po had been approved.
Thanks
sgeeta

Post by sgeeta »

I was told this can be done by Oracle Alert has any one done any idea.
naumaan

Post by naumaan »

Hi,

Yes, that can be done either by Alerts or a Customized trigger over WF_NOTIFICATIONS or WF_NOTIFICATIONS_ATTRIBUTE table. This i have done, other area of Workflow i have not done it, but i am sure you can always customize the workflow to meet your needs.

Using triggers you can send email to the requestor/preparer (these can be identified using queries or attributes table ... if they exist there) using the db packages. Again i am not sure but there are some utl packages through which you can send the email to any one.

Let me know, if it works or not.

Regards,
Naumaan
sgeeta

Post by sgeeta »

Hi Naumaan,

I think its easy with Oracle Alert I know one is the rcv_transactions table
any idea about other tables and the query in Alert.

Thanks
mohammedahmed1966

Post by mohammedahmed1966 »

[Hi naumaan,
can you provide step by step instructions on how to do it with alerts?
thanks,
Ahmed,

]

Hi,

Yes, that can be done either by Alerts or a Customized trigger over WF_NOTIFICATIONS or WF_NOTIFICATIONS_ATTRIBUTE table. This i have done, other area of Workflow i have not done it, but i am sure you can always customize the workflow to meet your needs.

Using triggers you can send email to the requestor/preparer (these can be identified using queries or attributes table ... if they exist there) using the db packages. Again i am not sure but there are some utl packages through which you can send the email to any one.

Let me know, if it works or not.

Regards,
Naumaan

<i><div align="right">Originally posted by naumaan