Receivable Activity of user

This forum is to discuss different features/issues of Oracle Financials modules ( GL - General Ledger, AP - Accounts Payable, AR - Accounts Receivable, FA - Fixed Assets & CM - Cash Management ).
EMANUEL

Receivable Activity of user

Post by EMANUEL »

Hi,

How can I get the activity of my choice and the account code with it while appllying the customer receipt

I need to apply the AR Receipt to a user defined activity called "Collection" before I apply to customer Invoice so that I can park the receipt to a account of my choice and later I can apply this to the right Invoice

User does not require to keep this receipt as applied, on account,unapplied or unidentified

Rgds
emanuel
oteixeira

Post by oteixeira »

Hello Emanuel.

Can you please be more specific? What do you mean by a <i>'user defined activity called "Collection"'?</i>

Whenever you record a Cash Receipt, the system allways credits the unnaplied account defined on the receipt Method, even if you apply it immediately to the definite customer transaction (here the system debits the unnaplied account and credits the accounts on the Receivables transaction).

Octavio
EMANUEL

Post by EMANUEL »

Hi Octavio,

The user defined ativity is which I can create from Oracle Receivables>>Set Up>> Receivable Activities>>

and create a receivable activity with type "Receipt Write-Off"

I need to create a activity of my choice so that I can apply that while taking a customer receipt as type as Collection

Rgds
Emanuel
oteixeira

Post by oteixeira »

Hello Emanuel.

You cannot create a new Receivable Activity Type. These lookup codes have System access level.

Octavio
EMANUEL

Post by EMANUEL »

Hi Octavio,

Which Receivable Activity Type should I use which will be available to me while applying the receipts?

Rgds
Emanuel
oteixeira

Post by oteixeira »

Hello Emanuel.

It depends of what you want to do. You can.

-Apply the receipt to a Transaction
-Put it On Account
-Write it Off

Octavio
EMANUEL

Post by EMANUEL »

Hi Octavio

Actually my requirement is to while applying a receipt I need to apply the receipt which will hit to a particular account which I will define as ?collection? and how it will available to me in the application window LOV in addition to on account, applied to a transaction or write off account

Rgds
Enmanuel
oteixeira

Post by oteixeira »

Hello Emanuel.

If you want to use a particular GL Account, perhaps you can associate it to the On Account account of the Payment Method.

Octavio