Any details of settlement for VAT/S.TAX/EXCISE R12

This forum is to discuss different features/issues of Oracle Financials modules ( GL - General Ledger, AP - Accounts Payable, AR - Accounts Receivable, FA - Fixed Assets & CM - Cash Management ).
bala.manikandarajan

Any details of settlement for VAT/S.TAX/EXCISE R12

Post by bala.manikandarajan »

If anybody have the document about settlement for every month end for VAT/S.TAX/EXCISE...
karthikeyanp1981

Post by karthikeyanp1981 »

Dear Bala,

Material / setup documents on india localisation is a rarity, however i can help you with few steps that i am aware of :

For Excise,
Perform RG consolidation first to make sure your balances available in RG registers are adjusted against PLA register ...and to find out the liability to be paid to the Tax Authority of Excise
Navigate to India Localisation > Registers > RG Consolidation for performing the above task and Click OK ..
system will generate invoice in payables on the name of the Tax Authority of Excise.. Make payment to that invoice from Payables and then again navigate to India Localisation > Invoice Entry > PLA Invoices
Query for your invoice and check the ACK RECEIVED flag .. and save your record ...

For Service Tax,
Navigate to India Localisation > India TCS/VAT/Service TAx >Period End > Settlement
Enter your service tax setup details and click on get details button, select your tax authority and click PROCESS
system creates invoice in payables, make payment to it from payables and then again navigate to India Localisation > India TCS/VAT/Service Tax >Period End > Settlement Payment Details ... query for your payment
and click process payment ...

For VAT,
same as Service TAX no change in the process ....

Hope the above helps .. !

Regards,
Karthikeyan
bala.manikandarajan

[quote]Dear Bala,

Material / setup documents on india localisation is a rarity, however i can help you with few steps that i am aware of :

For Excise,
Perform RG consolidation first to make sure your balances available in RG registers are adjusted against PLA register ...and to find out the liability to be paid to the Tax Authority of Excise
Navigate to India Localisation > Registers > RG Consolidation for performing the above task and Click OK ..
system will generate invoice in payables on the name of the Tax Authority of Excise.. Make payment to that invoice from Payables and then again navigate to India Localisation > Invoice Entry > PLA Invoices
Query for your invoice and check the ACK RECEIVED flag .. and save your record ...

For Service Tax,
Navigate to India Localisation > India TCS/VAT/Service TAx >Period End > Settlement
Enter your service tax setup details and click on get details button, select your tax authority and click PROCESS
system creates invoice in payables, make payment to it from payables and then again navigate to India Localisation > India TCS/VAT/Service Tax >Period End > Settlement Payment Details ... query for your payment
and click process payment ...

For VAT,
same as Service TAX no change in the process ....

Hope the above helps .. !

Regards,
Karthikeyan

<i><div align="right">Originally posted by karthikeyanp1981
bala.manikandarajan

Dear Karthi

Thanks for the info provided by you.

Also, need some clarification regarding this issue. As we have done the settlement of VAT/STAX throuth the settlement window and our liability raised against the automatic invoice through settlement.

But, how can i match with these balances with my GL-TB balances. Because in GL-TB balances for VAT Recoverable / VAT liability are not tallied with my settlement window balances.

Pls. help me to find the suitable method to tally the above...

Regards

B. Manikandarajan
karthikeyanp1981

Post by karthikeyanp1981 »

Dear Manikandarajan,

VAT Accounting is performed at the localisaiton module when the Vat claim processer and india receiving processer program runs, it is not related to create accounting program in the base module.
These accounted lines created by India localisation transactions are not transferred to GL directly, you have to perform a Journal import from General Ledger Module by giving source as Service - India and Vat - India, then these entries will get imported to GL.
Post the entries and perform the reconciliation process.

Regards,
Karthikeyan