Tracking and Maintaining Seperate Fixed Assets

This forum is to discuss different features/issues of Oracle Financials modules ( GL - General Ledger, AP - Accounts Payable, AR - Accounts Receivable, FA - Fixed Assets & CM - Cash Management ).
EMANUEL

Tracking and Maintaining Seperate Fixed Assets

Post by EMANUEL »

HI,
We have acquired a new business and created a New OU

We require capturing and uploading the Fixed Assets of that business seperately but in the existing FA Book only

We also need to maintain and track such assets seperately
We also do not want to depreciate such assets

Will appreciate if the above points are clarified and suggested how to do this in R12 Fixed Assets Module

Rgds
Emanuel
siva sankar

Post by siva sankar »

Hi,

You can create a separate book and maintain the same in FA.

For that you can follow given below process.

1. Create New Book.

2. create separate calanders(daily/monthly/porate).

3. Create categories (Major / Minor)

4. Assign the categories to accounts.

5.if you don't want to depreciate the assets, then uncheck the depreciate check box

please note that, once you have created the separate book, if you wish to merge the books then there is a separate process.

Thanks & Regards,

Siva
EMANUEL

Post by EMANUEL »

Hi Siva

Thanks for the reply but I have some doubts as :

1. If I create a Separate Book then can I attach the same calanders (daily/monthly/porate) and accounting information of my Previous 1st book?

2. Will this separate 2nd books depreciation and assets will appear the same way in my GL as my earlier 1st book is appearing?

3. You have mentioned about merging of books, please let me know about the process and how will if effect my GL?

Rgds
Emanuel
siva sankar

Post by siva sankar »

Hi,

1. I hope You have to create separate calendar. In my case, i have created the different calendars.

2.Yes it will separate the 2 nd book depreciation and assets will appear the same way in GL as per your accounting structure.

3.If you have different books, you don't have any problem. But you have to generate the reports separately based on the book. it is time consume process. If your company will decide to merge the different books into single book then there is a separate process.

Hence your GL not effect any problem.

Please note that, If you have created the second book, you have to run the depreciation process and create journals process separately for each book.

Thanks & Regards,

Siva
M123

Post by M123 »

Hey,

You dont need to create a new assets book,

Just create a new category for them and disable the depreciate checkbox

So that you have a separate asset category which you can maintain in the same book but you dont need to depreciate them.

Thanks and Regards,

MPH