How to Stop the sales order Line being closed

Purchasing & Inventory forum can be used to discuss all features/issues related to Oracle Purchasing & Inventory.
pradip_m

How to Stop the sales order Line being closed

Post by pradip_m »

Hi
I am using India Localisation,version 11.5.9.
I am facing a situation where in i have seen
that lines in the sales order are getting closed in spite of partial shipment resulting
in the entire sales order being closed.
This in turn creating a lot of problems as we are not able to ship the required quantity
against the customer schedule.
can anybody suggest what are the possible reason(s) for this peculiar behaviour.
is there anything in the profile option which is not set up properly.
do we need to setup the tolerance level anywhere in the OM setup?
Looking forward for your response.<font face="Arial"></font id="Arial">

Thanks in advance [:)]
Regards
Pradip
ahmadbilal

Post by ahmadbilal »

Dear Pradip,

on which level u want to split line rather then close line.

kindly elobrate flow of transaction.

[quote]Hi
I am using India Localisation,version 11.5.9.
I am facing a situation where in i have seen
that lines in the sales order are getting closed in spite of partial shipment resulting
in the entire sales order being closed.
This in turn creating a lot of problems as we are not able to ship the required quantity
against the customer schedule.
can anybody suggest what are the possible reason(s) for this peculiar behaviour.
is there anything in the profile option which is not set up properly.
do we need to setup the tolerance level anywhere in the OM setup?
Looking forward for your response.<font face="Arial"></font id="Arial">

Thanks in advance [:)]
Regards
Pradip

<i><div align="right">Originally posted by pradip_m
pradip_m

Post by pradip_m »

Hi Ahmed Bilal,
The problem i am facing here is not about splitting line but about the closing of line abruptly. I will explain you the exact scenario how the flow works.
Customer gives the total schedule for the next 3/4 months with the tentative quantity well in advance.
The person enters the sales order with the total quantity and the scheduled despatch date in the sales order and book the order.

Now once the despatch is made partially say out of 1000 Qty 10 qty is despatched.the system will create two lines , the first line showing 10 qty
with status closed while the second line with Qty 990 showing status as awaiting shipping. here the splitting is taken care of by the system itself.

The problem as i mentioned earlier is not about the splitting of line but the abrupt closing of line wherein we have noticed even if there are still Qty remaining for shipping the line status is shown as closed.
say for example Qty is 50, despatched 30 line status closed
I am not able to pinpoint the exact cause,allthough the scenario was not too often but of late we are facing the same quite frequently.
waiting for your valuable contribution
regards
Pradip