Applying CM to Invoices

This forum is to discuss different features/issues of Oracle Financials modules ( GL - General Ledger, AP - Accounts Payable, AR - Accounts Receivable, FA - Fixed Assets & CM - Cash Management ).
M Rangel

Applying CM to Invoices

Post by M Rangel »

Hello,

I want to create and apply a Credit Memo to an existing invoice that has already been partially paid. Normally I change the "type" of the invoice from check to wire then when I go into the payments screen I can pull both the CM and invoice under the wire type. But if they original invoice was partially paid by check then it's type can't be altered. The problem I have then is if I have to use the "check" type in the payment screen the system automatically assigns the next check number as the document #. This burns a check number for me. Do I just change this document # to some other number, say 100,000 forward? Thanks
hiszaki

Post by hiszaki »

Hi Rangel

You say the invoice already been partially paid. it means that the check no already assigned to this invoice no.

So in all case if you will void this check, you must void this document number & not use it again.

Also if you can create a new check document with the same bank account then inquiry for that payment & change the document use with the new document created to keep the original check number & use it for other payment.

Thanks
Hisham