Depreciation Expense For Related Project Assets

To discuss Oracle Projects & Property Manager setup and costing related matters.
Ibrahim.Orouk

Depreciation Expense For Related Project Assets

Post by Ibrahim.Orouk »

Dear All,

I have a question, Please help.

How can I post depreciation expense from Oracle Asset to Oracle Project Costing for assets that working and assigned to Projects like equipments and Cars that assigned to project..... and we want to post their deprecation expense as burden in oracle project costing ????
Please find the below my search conclusion in past few days.

1- Oracle Say that "There is currently no interface between Oracle Assets and Oracle Projects which allows you to post depreciation expenses directly to projects."

2- I have non-complete idea: I have a project Segment in AFF so I can Post depreciation expense for related project assets to GL directly, with Project segment value and create Expenditure Batch in Oracle costing to manually enter depreciation expense as lump-sum in Oracle costing but it is not preferred to create Entries in Subledger Accounting and not send it to GL so my question in this work-around, Can I Create Expenditure Batch and only create Distributions 'PRC: Distribute Labor Costs' ???
And don't create rest steps "PRC: Generate Cost Accounting Events,PRC: Create Accounting, PRC: Transfer Journal Entries to GL"

Please suggest best solution or help me in my work-around, its urgent

Thanks in Advance

I Orouk
CrazyDeveloper

Post by CrazyDeveloper »

Well u can post the depreciation in GL for each Asset without project segment value (unassigned project)
Once the Depreciation is posted in GL then
U can setup allocation rule in PJC which uses the
GL account as source and your project(s) as the target
So once the accounting is created from PJC the entries will
DR Project expenses
CR GL Depreciation Account

The above solution can handle if the Asset is used in multiple projects.....
If used at one project then 100% allocation and just 1 target project
If used at multiple projects then allocate the depreciation to multiple projects based on ur business rule.