Accounting Flexfield Creation

This forum is to discuss different features/issues of Oracle Financials modules ( GL - General Ledger, AP - Accounts Payable, AR - Accounts Receivable, FA - Fixed Assets & CM - Cash Management ).
OPSM

Accounting Flexfield Creation

Post by OPSM »

i am new to oracle apps. i am trying to setup GL using solution beacon with the steps mentioned in your Finanicals v2.1.

i keenly follow the steps , but as per the material. after creation of the Accounting flexfield, there will be two concurrent programs will automatically trigger and add a new item to the accounting flexfield. but this new field "Ledger" is not added in my case.

your prompt reply will be highly appericated and regarded.
admin

Post by admin »

Pl read page 38 which says that another flexfield will be added with additional ledger segment. So there will be two flexfields. tks
OPSM

Post by OPSM »

thanks for the responce. i have created Accounting Flexfield with XX_Accounting_Flexfield name, do you mean, there would be two flexfields.

as per the snapshot of page 38. i have checked my XX_Accounting_Flexfield segments and there are only three segment. no addition. if there will be a new Flexfield with a new segment going to create. then plz help me how to search this newly created flexfield.

thanks for your time and effort.