Unaccounted Payment and Invoice needs Revalidation

This forum is to discuss different features/issues of Oracle Financials modules ( GL - General Ledger, AP - Accounts Payable, AR - Accounts Receivable, FA - Fixed Assets & CM - Cash Management ).
Artimyaj

Unaccounted Payment and Invoice needs Revalidation

Post by Artimyaj »

On our 'Period Close Exception Report', a payment, which has been successfully processed, appears as an 'Unaccounted Payment Activity'.
On review of the concerned invoice it is observed that it's status is as under:
Accounted: Yes
Approval: Not required
Holds: 0
Scheduled Payment holds: 0
Further there are no holds on the Holds tab either and the Payments tab also does not show any abnormality.
What could be the reason for this situation and what's the remedy?
BTW, we are on EBS ver 12.0.6.
Thanks in advance for your time and assistance.
hiszaki

Post by hiszaki »

Hi Artimyaj

Try to open the invoice & validate it. if the invoice validate, create account for this transaction then check the period close exception again.

If the invoice doesn't validated, I think it's stuck & need to open SR.

Thanks
Hisham
Artimyaj

Post by Artimyaj »

Thanks a lot Hisham for your invaluable suggestion, however. it's my fault, I forgot to mention that I've already tried to validate several times through the Action button, with NO change in status. I also tried to run the 'Validate Invoice' and 'Create Accounting' programs a few times, but in vain. I guess then the only option left is to raise an SR. Does anyone else have other ideas, from any such experience before.

Thanks once again in advance for your time and help.