error:assign value to legal entity

This forum is to discuss different features/issues of Oracle Financials modules ( GL - General Ledger, AP - Accounts Payable, AR - Accounts Receivable, FA - Fixed Assets & CM - Cash Management ).
zakora

error:assign value to legal entity

Post by zakora »

hello everyone

I do general ledger setup and I have problem in "update ledger balancing segment value assignments"
after add click on add balancing segment value and choose the account belongs to balancing segment, an error arises to complete this stage.

"error
the balancing segment value assignments can only be confirmed after all legal entities have been assigned at least one value."

can any one help me pls
karthikeyanp1981

Post by karthikeyanp1981 »

Hi Zakora,

the issue is due to a missing setup, you have to first assign Balancing segment value (BSV) to a Legal Entity this will automatically display the values at Accounting options level ...
Peform the below steps to fix the issue ...

1) Switch to you General Ledger Responsibility
2) Navigate to Setup > Financials > Accounting Setup Manager > Accounting Setups
3) Type your Ledger Name and Click GO button ....for finding your ledger..
4) Click the update Accounting options icon next to your ledger
5) First section of your page is LEGAL ENTITIES, you can see your Legal Entity added ... on that row click the Update Balancing Segment Values icon...
6) Click the button, Add Balancing Segment Value
7) Select your values that needs to be associated with the Legal Entities and click OK
8) Apply the changes made ..
9) Now in the second section of your page ..i.e. Primary Ledger section ...click on the update icon next to Balancing segment value assignments .....

Regards,
Karthikeyan
zakora

Post by zakora »

thanks Karthikeyan