Profitability Manager

This forum is to discuss different features/issues of Oracle Financials modules ( GL - General Ledger, AP - Accounts Payable, AR - Accounts Receivable, FA - Fixed Assets & CM - Cash Management ).
kavitha.k

Profitability Manager

Post by kavitha.k »

Hi

Can anyone help me for the configuration of Profitability Manager Module.

If u have any BR100 or any other setup related doc, could u pls send me.

Thanks
Kavitha
abhgaur@gmail.com

Post by abhgaur@gmail.com »

PFT will be used to create allocations ...please let me know a business case .
Setup of PFT is not much ..its just setting of rules and running allocations on top of it ... complexity is how to group your pl accounts so that indirect cost gets allocated corrected.

Its also about the segment PL&S ...so those allocations for legal statement to segments is also imp which is pretty Excel in nature ... in Oracle we just provide accounts
kavitha.k

Post by kavitha.k »

Hi

Thanks for the update.
could you please explain me in detail or pls fwd any document (kavitha1412@gmail.com) which helps me to understand clearly whats this module is for and cycle.

You told me to tell a business case,
actually iam into financials and has no idea on PFT , i was given a assignment to do RandD on this PFT.
So i have to prepare a document covering the meaning, cycle, configuration, steps, setups, advantages, integration with other modules etc.

So please could u help me explaining what this module is for and what can we do and if u fwd me any doc it will be helpful to me.

Thanks
Kavitha
Pranavi

Post by Pranavi »

Hi Kavitha,

Please find the attached document for Profitability Manager user guide and prepare BR 100 accordingly.

Thanks,
Kalpana.