How to make "write-off" for the balance amount?

This forum is to discuss different features/issues of Oracle Financials modules ( GL - General Ledger, AP - Accounts Payable, AR - Accounts Receivable, FA - Fixed Assets & CM - Cash Management ).
dvsprao108

How to make "write-off" for the balance amount?

Post by dvsprao108 »

Hi Friends,

I am facing problem in the below issue.

I received a payment from the customer for $75,000 only against actual sales invoice amount is $75,260.16. So, as per the agreement with customer, I should not show the balance amount of $260.16 in his account and to be adjusted as "receipt write-off" only.

So, I tried to create a receipt for $75,000 and in apply full invoice amount $75,260.16 and receipt write-off -$260.16, but application throws an error message "APP-AR-96985 The total write-off amount must fall within the receipt write-off limits range system options".

Actually I have given approval limit for the "write-off" document as "from amount -5000 to amount 5000"

Can any expert help me in this issue, please?

Thanks in advance.

Prakash
oteixeira

Post by oteixeira »

Hello.

APPS 11.5.10.2

Besides from entering an amount from and amount to in the Approval Limits window you must navigate to /Setup/System/System Options and, in the Miscellaneous tab, enter limit amounts in the Write-off Limits Per Receipt fields.

Hope this helps.

Octavio
dvsprao108

Post by dvsprao108 »

Hi Octavio,

The problem was resolved with your great help.

Thanks a lot.

Prakash
pinnashanmukh

Post by pinnashanmukh »

Hi,

Receipt write off concept is only for writting off the excess receipt made.

In this case u have to adjust the invoice using adjustment activity.

while creating adjustment activity map the account code to reciept wirte off account code.

thanks,
Shanmukh