Hold unmatched invoice option

This forum is to discuss different features/issues of Oracle Financials modules ( GL - General Ledger, AP - Accounts Payable, AR - Accounts Receivable, FA - Fixed Assets & CM - Cash Management ).
yimjosephine

Hold unmatched invoice option

Post by yimjosephine »

In Payable module, I have set the "invoice match option" to receipt and disabled the "Hold unmatched invoices" option.

But i don't understand why hold is still applied when my invoice amount is not the same as the receipt amount??
karthikeyanp1981

Post by karthikeyanp1981 »

Dear yimjosephine,

Can you be bit more detail about the issue you are facing ?

Invoice match option = Setting a value for this option only helps in defaulting the method, it can be changed at run time to PO also. So when you set this option as RECEIPT, it does not mean that system will prevent matching against purchase orders.

Hold Unmatched Invoices = By not enabling this option, Matching holds will not be placed for the invoice.

However there are many others holds which can be placed on the invoice.

Can you let us know the steps you have followed and against what you have matched and what is the hold name you are getting ?

Regards,
Karthikeyan
yimjosephine

Post by yimjosephine »

I have not change any setting art run time. The invoice matchin option is set to "receipt" as well at supplier site level. Thus i think the PO is still matched to receipt.

I also do not enable any hold (e.g. hold from payment for all invoices, unmatched invoices and unvalidated invoices) at supplier site level.

What i did is as follows:
1. I created an invoice with $100
2. Matched to a PO with receipt $40
3. The invoice is being hold with reason "Total of invoice lines does not equal invoice amount"

Actuallly, i may be misunderstand to this function. I just think if i disable this function, no invoice hold will be appplied.

But it seems that it is not the case. Thus i get confused the use of this function as hold is still applied under thi s case.
karthikeyanp1981

Dear yimjosephine,

This is a a System hold, which will be placed when the basic information required for validating an invoice is not entered. In your case, the invoice header amount will be 100$, the line level and Distribution level the amount entered will be 40$, therefore there is a difference of 60$ between the header amount and the Line/Distributed Amount.
Please change the invoice header amount to 40$ and validate the invoice. The Line Variance hold will get released.

When you know that your PO amount is 40$, there is no need to enter a higher amount than that at Header level. In case if you are entering a higher amount at header level, then you must distribute the differential amount at line level and distriubtion level, in which case no holds will be placed.
System Holds cannot be prevented / Disabled.

Regards,
Karthikeyan
yimjosephine

Post by yimjosephine »

Thanks for your information.

But just wondering, in this case, waht is the exact use of "Hold unmatched invoices" option?

Is this function only used to hold the invoice which cannot match to the PO amout. If I set the matching option to "Receipt", it is indifferent for me to enable or disable this function. Am i correct?
karthikeyanp1981

Dear yimjosephine,

The use of Hold Unmatched invoices option is not to place "Matching Holds" when an invoice is not matched with PO or receipt. Matching holds are not system holds, which means you can manually release the hold and proceed with the transaction.
Where as system holds are different, it requires correction, it cannot be overridden. System holds cannot be controlled by any setups.

Regards,
Karthikeyan
abhgaur@gmail.com

Post by abhgaur@gmail.com »

Hold Unmatched invoice is use to flag a supplier whether that supplier needs a po or not. if supplier does not needs it then this can be unchecked. You can consider this as a system control to enforce matching of PO's