Allow Adjustments to Paid Invoices

This forum is to discuss different features/issues of Oracle Financials modules ( GL - General Ledger, AP - Accounts Payable, AR - Accounts Receivable, FA - Fixed Assets & CM - Cash Management ).
sniffing

Allow Adjustments to Paid Invoices

Post by sniffing »

hi ther,

I like to know how ,Allow Adjustments to Paid Invoices will work if it is checked. If the paid invoice is tranfered to GL and later the invoice account is changed how will this effect the GL.

I also like to know how future dated payment works for wire.

Any help on this would be really appretiated.

Thanks,
Kiran
anu_uma

Post by anu_uma »

Hi,
Allow Adjustments to paid invoices - if enabled will work and the effect can be seen in GL by transferring the adjustment invoices to GL.
sniffing

Post by sniffing »

Thx for getting bck to me.

Will there be any problem when reconciling.

If we change the accounting at invoice distribution level for invoice which has been paid, cleared nd been accounted at GL level. Now after we change the accounting Payables will create adjusting journals in GL automatically. Is that right? Plz confirm. If this true how discounts taken against these distribution lines work.

Thanks,
Kiran
anu_uma

Post by anu_uma »

Hi,
It will take the reciprocal entries to GL when you do the Payables transfer to GL, automatically based on the date.

for ex. if you are entering an invoice and made payments in feb and transferred to GL in feb. now want to do the changes in March, doing the changes in March will be transferred to GL during March period. If u check the same in GL, the effect will be in March only and in the Feb, invoice will have the original effect not the changes made in it.

Regarding Discounts, u pls try and post the same here.
Do it in testing instance