Tranfer asset & its cost

This forum is to discuss different features/issues of Oracle Financials modules ( GL - General Ledger, AP - Accounts Payable, AR - Accounts Receivable, FA - Fixed Assets & CM - Cash Management ).
cherry

Tranfer asset & its cost

Post by cherry »

Doubt is in FA.

I have assets assigned to PROJECT A.

Of those assets, I need to move few to PROJECT B.

Ex: 100 assets worth 100 USD are allocated to PROJECT A. Of those, I want to move 10 to PROJECT B, including the cost. Post transfer, cost should get reduced from PROJECT A. ie it should be 90 USD.

Hope clear !!! Any help please?
ramu.parepalli

Post by ramu.parepalli »

Hi,

You can change the assignments of those Assets from Projects A to Projects B.

Team,
Please correct me if i am wrong.

Regards,
RAm
banutinku

Post by banutinku »

Hi Cherry and Ram,

As per my knowledge in Asset Assignment window you can transfer only Assets to Location/employee and Expense Account. There is no option for the Assets which is coming from Porjects.

if I am wrong can you please update ur query once again.

Regards,
Bhanu
cherry

Post by cherry »

hi bhanu & ramu... thanks for your replies.

i dont have a projects module. all assets are recorded through mass addition. can you share your thought?

thanks
cherry
AmanKhan

Post by AmanKhan »

Hi,

You cannot transfer Aseets from one project to other in FA, bcoz Project Info. is related to source which is AP Invoice ,while entering invoice.
PA should be live to enter project related information in AP and then it will default to FA.

As you dont work with PA module and you cannot change source (display only) info. in assets then you can setup your FA Location flexfield with project segment to cater Project location information and you can transfer assets using from one project to other.

We are working with same workaround for our client although we have PA live.

Rgds,

Aman