Oracle Applications - Financials 11i - v4.pdf

This forum is to discuss different features/issues of Oracle Financials modules ( GL - General Ledger, AP - Accounts Payable, AR - Accounts Receivable, FA - Fixed Assets & CM - Cash Management ).
absba2007

Oracle Applications - Financials 11i - v4.pdf

Post by absba2007 »

Dear ADMIN,

thank you very much for your documentation

please i have problem during follow the GL implementation steps exactly in Enter journal step ( APP-FND-01702) , i follow the next steps as you indicte but no way , the problem still remaining every once.

please help me to continiu the next steps.
rajib.banerjee

Post by rajib.banerjee »

what is the problem u r facing?
absba2007

Post by absba2007 »

After completing the steps as shown in the document "Oracle Applications - Financials 11i - v4.pdf", until page:62/529, I still have this message which display:

<i><b>APP-FND-01702: An assignment does not exist for these
parameters and one is mandatory.
Action: Go to the Assign Sequences screen and assign a sequence to the current set of parameters.</b></i>

The steps followed are:

1)Enable Sequences
2)Define Sequence
3)Document Categories
4)Sequence Assignment
5)Enter a Journal

in this step we found this suggestion to avoid the message above, after applying the instruction given in 4 steps :

<i><b>You can proceed by pressing BUTTON OK but if you want to avoid this message for
future then we need to assign default category to XX_Journal. Otherwise you can skip
next 4 steps and directly go to enter journals.</b></i>

and when attempting to Enter a new journal we still have the same message.

Please we need your help urgently

Many thanks.
admin

Post by admin »

When you open the screen for Journals creation there is always a default category which you can check once the screen is opened. Now the category to which you have assigned a sequence is not default and the default has no sequence. There are two ways one is to assign sequence to this default category or set the default category to which you have assigned sequence.