one doubt in ap and ar

This forum is to discuss different features/issues of Oracle Financials modules ( GL - General Ledger, AP - Accounts Payable, AR - Accounts Receivable, FA - Fixed Assets & CM - Cash Management ).
pradeepora.apps

one doubt in ap and ar

Post by pradeepora.apps »

What is the difference between the Payables payment terms and Receivables payments terms

can any body give me the answer please
akrao

Post by akrao »

Dear Pradeep,

In Payables supplier will handle the payment terms. But in receivables Organization (which is Implementing Oracle Apps) will handle payment terms for their reputed customer.

In Payables as per std functionality we have max 3 discounts.

In Receivables we can give "n" no of discounts.

Thanks&regards
AKRAO
satb4u

Post by satb4u »

Hi
What are the 3 types of discount in payables? can you please clarify?

As far as my knowledge goes -
Payment terms in payables refer to terms of payment- say if yu pay in 10 days yu will avail a cash discount of 2% if payment term is 3 days it is called as 2/10 net30
In r eceivables its areceiving function discountis what is allowd to customer for early payment

I doono what are the 3 types of discount in payables
akrao

Post by akrao »

Payment terms in payables refer to terms of payment- say if yu pay in 10 days yu will avail a cash discount of 2% if payment term is 3 days it is called as 2/10 net30

In r eceivables its areceiving function discountis what is allowd to customer for early payment

Mr Satbu as ever you said is correct but. while defining payment terms in AP if supplier gives discounts max 3 only if he give more than 3 we cannot mention in std functionality.

But in AR there is no limit to give discounts. we can give 'n' no of discounts.

Regards
AKRAO