key flexfield segment

This forum is to discuss different features/issues of Oracle Financials modules ( GL - General Ledger, AP - Accounts Payable, AR - Accounts Receivable, FA - Fixed Assets & CM - Cash Management ).
duppy

key flexfield segment

Post by duppy »

hi,

can you please tell me what is the funtion of (Allow dynamic insert)

1. what happens when I enable it
2. if i dont enable it.
seneeraj

Post by seneeraj »

Hi Duppy

If you want to allow dynamic inserts, check the Allow Dynamic Inserts check box. You would allow dynamic inserts of new valid combinations into your generic combinations table if you want users to create new combinations from windows that do not use your combinations table. You should prevent dynamic inserts if you want to enter new valid combinations only from a single application window you create to maintain your specific combinations table.

You can update this field only if your application flexfield has been built to allow dynamic inserts, and the flexfield has been defined in the Register Key Flexfields form with Dynamic Inserts Feasible checked. Otherwise this field is display only.

Bye
Neeraj Bhatia
admin

Post by admin »

Hi,
In Oracle EBS you can restrict users from entering invalid code combinations and can define valid which will be used by the users. This is so users should only make transactions in the valid combination. These combinations are created by someone who is at senior level. For example there are two combinations defined,

Co- CC-Acct
01-000-111111 Cash (with cash no cost center)
01-111-122222 Expense (Cost Center is Finance)
01-222-122222 Expense (Cost center is HR)

Now when user will select account they will be able to select these above combinations. Now if someone will try 01-111-111111 the error will say sorry invalid combination. This is when Dynamic insertion is not allowed. This is best practice and recommended to disabled dynamic insertion.

Now when to enable dynamic insertion?
At the time of loading opening balances at the implementation stage where all combination are not defined and data is in bulk. it is also used to create code combination by putting 0 value JV through ADI.

Please let me know if still any further query.

Thanks