Oracle R12 Advice needed

This forum is to discuss different features/issues of Oracle Financials modules ( GL - General Ledger, AP - Accounts Payable, AR - Accounts Receivable, FA - Fixed Assets & CM - Cash Management ).
Samer_dweik

Oracle R12 Advice needed

Post by Samer_dweik »

Dear all first allow me to appreciate ERPSTUFF for the great effort and all members for great knowledgebase provide here on this site

I am implementing project on oracle R12 the implementation for six company's five working company and the sixth is a holding company
I have two approach one is to use one set of book for six operating unit! Which I will lose the security that notice from my humble experience on R 11.5i
And the second approach is to use multi set of book with the same chart of account structure and other book for consultadtion using mapping fetcher
Please not that intercompany transaction is available, and each company has its own income statement and balance sheet is it right to have this structure

One BG 'business group'
Six legal entity
Six OP
And innovatory organization
Asset organization
Please advice
Abussouss2@hotmail.com

ttramprasad

Post by ttramprasad »

Dear Samer

The following are the some of the imp factors for deciding single or multiple ledgers(in R12 SOB is called as Ledgers):
Chart of Accounts
Financial Year (Calender )
Functional Currency
Ledger processing Options; like retainted earnings, budetory control, interco balancing; etc

If all of the above factors are same for all companies, then you can go for single ledger by representing one or more balanceing segments value as a company; like 01 for Company1, 02 for company2.

It is not the correct opinion saying that you will lose security by using same ledger for all company, R12 provides very stringent features for security.
solution design for inter company trans can be provided simply and user frendly.

The same will also apply to Holding co provided all the 4Cs are satisfied.
Consolidation also will become simple, if you r following same ledger for all companies.
If you design seperate ledger for each company, then you have to go for global consolidation system, which is somewhat combersome from user point of view.

R12 Implementation guide will provided check list and detailed information for deciding ledgers and ledger options. As deciding ledger is onetime task and also irrevocable. Atmost priority should be given.
Financial Structure is one of the major factor for your successful implementation of R12

Thanks & Regards
Prasad
Samer_dweik

Post by Samer_dweik »

Dear Prasad,

I appreciate your advice brother
Thank u a lot
[:D]