CM - R12 - R12 Bank Account Owner

This forum is to discuss different features/issues of Oracle Financials modules ( GL - General Ledger, AP - Accounts Payable, AR - Accounts Receivable, FA - Fixed Assets & CM - Cash Management ).
ejbsridhar

CM - R12 - R12 Bank Account Owner

Post by ejbsridhar »

Hai friends

Could you please provide the data to create Bank Account Owner in R12

I am practicing on solution beacon i haven't find User Management Responsibility in solution beacon i was trying to access this responsibility
i have followed the steps to create the user management responsibility

1) Menu Creation

Created the menu by using the Sub Menu Name as
" User Management - User Administration and Setups"
2) Attaching the menu to the Responsibility

but here in this from which application i want to attach in lov there is no "user management responsibility " application

what was the solution to create bank account owner in R12 if documents are available send to me bhisridhar@gmail.com

bye
sridhar
ejbsridhar

Post by ejbsridhar »

i am waiting for your response
karthikeyanp1981

Post by karthikeyanp1981 »

Steps involved in creating a bank account

Step1 - Navigate to Solution beacon Rel 12 Link
Step2 - Login using the Username and Password
Step3 - Select Cash Management Responsibility (Cash Management, Vision Operations (USA))
Step4 - Select Banks under "Setup : Banks "
Step5 - Manage Bank and Bank Braches Screen Appears, Click Create Button
Step6 - you will navigated to the Bank information page, make sure the Option button next to BANK

OPTIONS field is selected as Create New Bank instead of other option which is Select and existing

party and add bank details
Step7 - Select your country from the LOV
Step8 - Enter Your Bank Name ( Eg: Gandhi Bank)
Step9 - Click Save and Next Button
Step10 - If required you can enter Bank Address details, we will skip this since its optional, so click

Save and next button again
Step11 - If required you can enter Bank contact details, we will skip this since its optional, so click

Finish button
Step12 - You must get a confirmation message in the top left of the screen, that your bank (Eg:

Gandhi Bank) has been created.
Step13 - Now we will proceed further to create Bank Branch for the bank we created.
Step14 - Click Bank branches tab in the top left portion of the screen
Step15 - After making sure what you clicked the bank branches, click create button in the screen
Step16 - Select your country and bank name which you have entered before for your bank.
(You can directly select your bank name which will in turn select the country)
Step17 - Click Continue
Step18 - Now you are navigated to the Bank Branch information screen.... make sure the Option

button next to BRANCH OPTIONS field is selected as Create New Branch instead of other option

which is Select and existing party and add branch details
Step19 - Enter your Branch Name (Eg: Sonia Branch)
Step20 - Click Save and Next Button
Step21 - If required you can enter Bank branch Address details, we will skip this since its optional,

so click Save and next button again
Step22 - If required you can enter Bank branch contact details, we will skip this since its optional, so

click Finish button
Step23 - You must get a confirmation message in the top left of the screen, that your bank branch

(Eg: Sonia Branch) has been created.
Step24 - In the bottom right corner of the screen you can see a icon with the heading as Create

Account, click on that.
Step25 - You will be navigated to the Bank Account Creation Screen, where your Country, Bank

name and Branch name will be populated, make sure the details are correct and click Continue

button
Step26 - Select your Bank Account Owner from the List of Values which will be your legal entity

name. (Select Vision Operations )
************************************************************************************
This is where you are facing an issue since, if you are legal entity is not available for selection in the

field, you need to perform few setups stated in Metalink Note 415529.1, which you are trying to do

in solution beacon.
You will find the user management responsibility, only if you login as SYSADMIN, therefore solution

beacon does not allow every user to make such changes required by using that SYSADMIN login, if

you have a stand alone instance, you can try loggin in using sysadmin user name and do the

necessary setups which i have given below for others reference as well ...
1. Log in as Sysadmin.
2. Go to the User Management Responsibility.
3. Path: Roles & Role Inheritance
4. In the Type field select Roles and Responsibilities
5. Wait until a new field appears, you will see the category field, please select Miscellaneous
6. In the Application select 'Cash Management' and click on GO button.
7. Search your Cash Management responsibility or role that you are using to create your bank

account.
8. Click on the update icon.
9. A new window will be displayed, please click in the Security wizard button.
10. For CE UMX Security wizard click on the Run Wizard.
11. In this window you should add the legal entities that you want to grant the access to all the bank

accounts within a legal entity and choose the privileges that you want to assign to this role on the

bank accounts such as: USE, MAINTENANCE and BANK ACCOUNT TRANSFERS.
12. Save and apply the changes and then verify in Cash management responsibility if you now are

able to see that legal entity in the bank account creation form.
**************************************************************************************
Step27 - Check the Purpose of the bank Account, it is for payables / Payroll / Receivables or all 3
Step28 - Click Next after selecting the purpose
Step29 - Navigates to Account information for your bank Account
Step30 - Enter Account Name - ( Rahul Gandhi - Marketing A/C )
Step31 - Enter Account Number - 420
Step32 - Enter Currency - USD
Step33 - Click Save and Next button
Step34 - Navigates to Account Controls Screen
Step35 - Enter Cash Account Combination (01-000-1110-0000-000)
Step36 - Click Save and next button
Step37 - Navigates to Account Access screen
Step38 - Click Add Organization access button
Step39 - Select your account use...
Step40 - Select your operating unit (Vision Operations) from the LOV in Organization field
Step41 - Click Continue button
Step42 - Summary of all the information for the bank account will be displayed
Step43 - Scroll down in the bottom right corner you can see APPLY button click it
Step44 - You will navigate to the Account access page again... just click SAVE and Next button
Step45 - we will skip bank account contact details... Click Finish button
Step46 - You must get a confirmation message in the top left of the screen, that your bank account

(Eg: 'Rahul Gandhi - Marketing A/C ) has been created.

Regards
karthikeyanp1981@gmail.com
ejbsridhar

Post by ejbsridhar »

Thanks karthikey for your valuable input

i have tried the above setups up to Setup 26 point 8 in solution beacon (not direct menu but in a different way in solution beacon) after clicking update it is saying ( You have insufficient privileges for the current operation. Please contact your System Administrator)

ok i will try in a stand alone system

Thanks and Regards
Sridhar