Item master set up in Inventory

Purchasing & Inventory forum can be used to discuss all features/issues related to Oracle Purchasing & Inventory.
naresh.apps11i

Item master set up in Inventory

Post by naresh.apps11i »

The Client is having Main office at Delhi and manufacturing plants at four locations say Pune,Bangalore,Chennai,Hyderabad. Now what my doubt is "To set up Item Master ,do we need to consider seperate INV org besides those 4 INV orgs?.
Can we consider OU at Delhi as an Item Master?
Can we take LE or B.G as Item master for Multi Org Set up.

I am waiting for ur favourable reply at the earliest.
Earliest reply will be highly appreciated.

Thanks & Regards,
Naveen
arun1203

Post by arun1203 »

Hi Naveen [:)],

You can consider Delhi (OU) as your <font color="red"><b>Item Master</b>.</font id="red">

Or if you want to keep all the transactions away from your <font color="red"><b>Master Organization</b></font id="red"> then you can go for a new <font color="red"><b>Organization X</b></font id="red"> and treat it as your <font color="red"><b>Item Master Organization.</b></font id="red">

It just purely depends on your requirements that how you want your Item Master Organization to be..

<font color="red"><b>Regards [:)],
Arun Reddy.
E-Mail:arunapps@gmail.com</b></font id="red">
cnubandi

Post by cnubandi »

Hi Naresh and Arun,

<font color="red"><font size="4">Inventory Module Works at Inventory Org Level Not at Operating Unit level</font id="size4"></font id="red">
For the above case You have 4 Inv org(Pune,Bangalore,Chennai,Hyderabad)

<b><font color="navy">You can define any one of the above location as Item Master organization ,
(or)
you can define another organization with the name of item master org.</font id="navy"></b>

Thanks,
Cnubandi
http://www.cnubandi.blogspot.com
admin

Post by admin »

My suggestion would be to use one thing for one purpose as it will cost you nothing but will give your advantages later in support and maintenance. Thanks
mo3taz_y_n

Post by mo3taz_y_n »

you should define 4 orgnization for each location and define master invetory organization and 1 OU
eramitsaroha@gmail.com

Post by eramitsaroha@gmail.com »

Hi Canu

Excellent Aanswer ..