check Payment for Multiple Supplier Sites

This forum is to discuss different features/issues of Oracle Financials modules ( GL - General Ledger, AP - Accounts Payable, AR - Accounts Receivable, FA - Fixed Assets & CM - Cash Management ).
ehsanullah

check Payment for Multiple Supplier Sites

Post by ehsanullah »

Hi,

I am facing one issue related to AP. I want to to pay check to vendor but vendor has multiple sites. In oracle Apps payment is supported only 1 site per vendor per check. Can anybody tell me what is the workaround. User Also want to do Check printing options.

Thanks,
Ehsan
C-MOON

Post by C-MOON »

Ehsan
i want to ellaborate ur query further
listen supplier site and payment are two different things
suppliers, banks and customers header level information is stored in a table where its shared by other modules and users (end users of apps) by changing only site level information , say our headoffice and all our offices are working through DHL now DHL will be created for first time by H Office and at site level sitting at branch office we will change the site level address just supplier number will remain same for head office and branch only site level info will get change for once. now same supplier has more than one location then other locations of supplier if have been created as separate OUs in ur organization structure then u can do it to change for each OU site level address of supplier as well

for payment
when check is printed through system only supplier name is printed i dont think that u can print separate address for each supplier as well on the payees name (anyone else will also explain u betr) .
mohsin
anusha_rao

Post by anusha_rao »

hi
this seems to be simple,you enable primary pay site and you can pay the supplier
rao
apps consultant
chennai
india
ehsanullah

Post by ehsanullah »

Hi Rao,
Please see the Scanrio
One Of our client has two many supplier who has 2 to 3 Supplier sites.
e.g Supplier Name is XYZ and its 3 sites are suppose ab, bd and ce. User enters 3 invoices for supplier XYZ. 1 invoice is for supplier site ab, 2nd invoice is for supplier site bd and 3rd invoice is for supplier site ce.
Now user want to do payment for all these invoices through only 1 check. when user navigate to payment window user need to select bank account and supplier name and supplier site and then user select the invoice by clicking invoice button if user gave supplier site suppose bd then user only able to see 1 invoice which is bd invoice. User is not able to see other 2 invoices due to site selection and this is a standard functionality. So what is the Workaround to handling this situation.

Thanks,
ehsan
SIVAKUMAR_G

Post by SIVAKUMAR_G »

Hi

Your requirement can be met as follows

There is a field called pay group at supplier site. This is a Look up code

You create a Look up value in Pay Group as XYZ Supplier and attach the same look up in all three sites.

When you create a Payment, You can choose the Supplier site and choose the Pay Group for all three Payments, then the system will group all three sites and allows you to print only one check

Test it out and let me know if you face any difficulties

Hope this helps

Regards
Sivakumar