Management Segment Qualifier R12

This forum is to discuss different features/issues of Oracle Financials modules ( GL - General Ledger, AP - Accounts Payable, AR - Accounts Receivable, FA - Fixed Assets & CM - Cash Management ).
Shashi_k

Management Segment Qualifier R12

Post by Shashi_k »

Hi,

Has any one used the new Management segment qualifier introduced in the Release 12 (R12). I would like to know it's usage and what all reports use this qualifier to extract the information. From the end user perspective what is the advantage of using this qualifier.

Regards,
Shashi.
seneeraj

Post by seneeraj »

Hi
Mnagement segment qualifier,this will be used for the to top managemtn,to prepare the reports.Based on this segment,they will generates the reports.You can use any segment for this.
Neeraj Bhatia

[quote]Hi,

Has any one used the new Management segment qualifier introduced in the Release 12 (R12). I would like to know it's usage and what all reports use this qualifier to extract the information. From the end user perspective what is the advantage of using this qualifier.

Regards,
Shashi.

<i><div align="right">Originally posted by Shashi_k
seneeraj

Post by seneeraj »

Hi,
For the chart of accounts, we have a new management segment qualifier.
Typically, you would qualify a segment to be the management segment if that segment has management responsibility. For example, a line of business, cost center, or product line.
The added benefit of using a management segment is that you can now secure management segment values using data access sets. So you can grant read only or read and write access to specific management segment values to prevent certain managers from viewing and updating data for cost centers, lines of business, or product lines outside of their management authority.
Neeraj Bhatia