Chart of Account and Segments

This forum is to discuss different features/issues of Oracle Financials modules ( GL - General Ledger, AP - Accounts Payable, AR - Accounts Receivable, FA - Fixed Assets & CM - Cash Management ).
kiran.apps

Chart of Account and Segments

Post by kiran.apps »

Hi frnds can anyone help me in this concern issue , on what basis can we decide the chart of accounts and segments in gl before starting the implementation, what is the parameters shall we consider?
narendrareddy

Post by narendrareddy »

hai

in my thoughts oracle functional consultants desides the chart of accounts to know the client organization profile.

The clent organisation give their present structure of the company and accounts and produsts and all financial information

Based on that information functional consultant create the chart of accounts structure.

its is my opinion

if u get any other information please revert back to me
P_MANMOHAN

Post by P_MANMOHAN »

Hi Narendra,

Ur correct. But the COA is prepared not only with present org structure, client future business needs also we need to take in consideration.

Coz once the FF structure is freezed it is not possible to add other segments. If u want to add it will disturb the existing code combinations.

The main thing is client current and future business requirement.
cnubandi

Post by cnubandi »

Hi Friends,

In my openion the main considerations for defining COA is

<b>1.Clients Current Business Practises
2.Clients Future Business Practises
3.Audit and Reporting Requirements</b>
amicguys

Post by amicguys »

hi

while preparing the coa we have to go thru the rd 20 doc by going thru that we can know the client requirements and not only rd 20 but still there are certain things like bp 40 bp 80 and many. so before making up the mind one has to go thru all this and should suggest how many segments are needed
silver157

Post by silver157 »

i'm truly sorry as I?m a new student in ORACLE finance...

Could you please clarify what do you mean by "rd 20 doc", "bp 40" and "bp 80"????

Thanks in advance for your sincere cooperation.